Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    My Barth Security System Now Installed
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
My Barth Security System Now Installed
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted
Please check out my new Security System -NH style!

I bought the Electronic Lock/Rack on EBay. The rest of the Security System is 16 guage, and I'm not talking about wire thickness. The pump sound should be enough to accomplish what I need....should I ever need it!!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Might want to get a copy of the Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the Fifty States to make sure you are legal in any states you might pass thru. Your setup appears to be legal in your state but would not be in others, and one thing you do not want to do is be in violation of any states gun laws. Smiler

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws

Great idea, just ordered a copy.

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
Now, THAT'S a security system!!!!! Love it. Eeker

Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tommy B. Willis
posted Hide Post
Excellent choice,although I prefer 12 ga.

A single conversation with a wise man is better than ten years of study.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes a duty."

8408-3125-28FP3
1985 28' Regal
454 Chevrolet
P32 Chassis

Posts: 56 | Location: Central Mississippi  | Member Since: 05-26-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Thats a lot cooler than my security system I'll tell you that. Big Grin

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Back when I was in the working world in Virginia (Va-Gen- Ya)I was responseable for a hefty cash payroll. It was the execs of the company and their political contacts that got me a permit to carry. From past experience I had several drivers in company trucks stopped for routine road ckecks
(drivers had no PTC). Not only did the drivers have their guns confiscated, but my trucks were impounded.It was very costly to get the trucks back. A moving company,s truck loaded with household goods gets picked over when it is in police custody so you can see where the cost went. My advise would be to dismantle(unload)all firearms and bury them in a belly box when you are in Virginia and especially DC (District Of Columbia)............

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
You will not get into Canada with firearms aboard. We have been intensely searched at the boarder on several occasions. The agents went thru EVERYTHING! I wear an Australian bush hat while driving and now take it off when going thru the boarder, that stopped "redneck racial profiling"

Interestingly, if you are flying across Canada in a private airplane, you are not allowed to enter Canada with a firearm but must have one aboard if you continue to fly across any wilderness area!!??

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
and especially DC (District Of Columbia)

Right you are Carl.....gun ownership is virtually nonexistent in DC, (Technically, you can own one if you obtain it from a DC-licensed gun dealer - problem is, there aren't any! Confused

...and gun control must be working here....DC has only the fourth highest rate of firearm homicides in the nation.....We could be #1, 2 or 3! Violence

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I'll be reading my book on the law and planning my route accordingly. I'm hoping shotguns are a little less of an issue as I know handguns are just taboo in places.

I just want to be a little more prepared than with my tire whacker if some weirdo decides I'm an easy mark.

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
My protection is unloaded and locked up when driving. The protection is one place and the ammo another. That keeps me legal just about everywhere in the USA. However, it can be accessed and loaded quite rapidly. Since a predator needs to get through the double cylinder deadbolt and the Bargmann, there will ALWAYS be enough time.

It is in the bedroom at night. I never retire without it and the big foam extinguisher.

Have you considered a dog? A dog can be a good alert and deterrent. My dog is a big lover, but he does a real good Cujo act.

Have you considered pepper spray? Sometimes a non-lethal alternative is a good choice. Since we go in bear country, we carry a combination pistol grip spray and flashlight. It sprays in the center of the narrow beam pattern.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:
You will not get into Canada with firearms aboard. We have been intensely searched at the boarder on several occasions. The agents went thru EVERYTHING! I wear an Australian bush hat while driving and now take it off when going thru the boarder, that stopped "redneck racial profiling"

Good point on the hat. I wear my Sierra Club hat or let it sit in the dash when I want to appear non-redneck. Smiler

Sierra Club backpack, same thing.

I think a 4WD toad also merits special attention at the border.

I have done better leaving the toad in the USA if I plan to return through the same point.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
I can't go back up the postings to remember to whom I am resonding; poor memory...no good memory, poor recall.
16 ga. ammo is as scarce or as expensive as 40cal or 9mm these days. My 16ga Rem. has cooled down a bit.
I was believing that a motor home is the same as your home and you can have the same as home. The right to protect it for one. Are there some places that prohibit the presents of a firearm in your home?
See! already I forgot the other comments....I will have to review the posatings and respond later.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
A dog, "never leave home without one"
D.C,there would be less crime if the perps knew they might face a gun!!!
A youth model Rossi 410 can be effective in close quarters. The spread of the shot can cover for an excited poor aim of a 38 special or some of the little plinky-plinkies (22, 25) that some think will protect them.
Ted Kennedy's car killed more people than my guns.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Without digging out my book, and just as a general example, i know that in some states the firearm must be in a locked case and/or in an outside locked compartment. Sometimes ammo must be kept by itself and sometimes not. Some states you can drive around with loaded weapons in plain sight. There is quite a variation in the laws from state to state.....i wish they would all agree to the same regulations nationwide.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Report This Post