Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    My Barth Security System Now Installed
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
My Barth Security System Now Installed
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Shadowman: be careful what you wish for!

outlaw guns and only outlaws will have guns

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Toronto! On the bright side, the bangers mostly just shoot each other, fighting over drug territory.
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Dubbs:
Shadowman: be careful what you wish for!

outlaw guns and only outlaws will have guns

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09
Picture of robert and kimberly delucia
posted Hide Post
raise rottys and a glock 40 for backup!

Posts: 204 | Location: unionville tennessee | Member Since: 10-02-2007Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
What i was wishing for Dick is for uniform rules/laws so that when you cross from one state where the manner in which you transport a firearm is legal and go into another state you are not suddenly illegal and subject to arrest and jail.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09
Picture of Stratosurfer
posted Hide Post
Is a little confusing to me being born and raised in Texas the discussion here.
No I mean really: -everyone- doesn't travel -everywhere- as displayed?
I check the laws as I cross state lines, but choose to have a Concealed Carry License and carry the trusty Springfield 45ACP as my calling card. Normally if you have a CCL and a hand gun you're fairly safe with some notable exceptions: CA, NY and a few others. Long guns are a completely different animal legally. I would rather have a compact scattergun for self protection, but legally in the Barth, crossing state lines if you have your states Concealed Carry License you should feel fairly safe legally anywhere under the stars and bars. And the perps don't want the business end of a .45...

1990 Regency 32 Center Aisle Spartan Chassis CTA8.3 Cummins 240HP 4 spd Allison 7.5 Diesel Genset Pac-brake Prosine 2000 Mickey's on the Rear Toyos front

Posts: 131 | Location: Brady, The Republic of Texas | Member Since: 01-13-2008Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow man:
What i was wishing for Dick is for uniform rules/laws so that when you cross from one state where the manner in which you transport a firearm is legal and go into another state you are not suddenly illegal and subject to arrest and jail.

Yes, it would be nice, but uniform laws are most likely to come from the Feds. That would mean Rahm Emmanuel, Eric Holder, Chuck Shumer, etc would be making the rules.

As far as a CCW permit, there are more and more states honoring each others' permits. That is a good trend.

http://www.gunlaws.com/index.htm

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USRVCarCarry.pdf

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/#?st=NC

are good sites for detailed information. The last site, from the NRA, has some good BATF and TSA links, as well.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/#?st=NC

Bill,

What a great site!! Thanks

I went down the list of every state I pass through going between Florida and NH and I'm wondering if some folks aren't making a lot to do about nothing.

For most of the Southern states, only a handgun seems restricted. For most of the Northern states, it seems they want a FID card. NJ seemed the most complex, but my read is a shotgun is OK to transport in a locked case. I'm considering my locking device in a cabinet a locked case BTW.

So my conclusion so far is that shotguns are the least restricted, hell - even the Brits allow those!! Handguns are big trouble. Stay away from Boston and NY City. Don't get pulled over!!!

One can never keep a rouge cop from interpreting the law for their own purposes, but I plan to have my new book on gun laws with highlights to do some roadside educating if needed.

I'll still take my chances with a Judge over a Thug any day!!!!!!!!!!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you have a false sense of security regarding concealed weapons permits. Surprising how many states do not recognize permits from another state.....there again it would be nice if the states got together and a permit from one state was good everywhere. It would end a lot of confusion and misinformation on what is legal and what is not and where,......never gonna happen of course.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Report This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
This is not a concealed weapons permit, that is something far more strict. It is listed as a FID (Firearms Identification Card).

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Report This Post
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
I would like to reiterate the seriousness of Va & DC. Try driving in these two areas with a radar detector on your windshield. You may be stopped if you have a GPS (not turned on) and the officer thinks it is a radar detector. They would stay behind you looking for the map on the GPS. No map,you may see blue lights. RD are confiscated on the spot..............

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
It's doubtful that anything a Barth owner would do would cause a search for "illicit" firearms.

Sadly, legislators and other politicians tend not to be the brightest lights in the chandelier...

I'm going to apply for a Florida Concealed permit, because, all I need to do is to submit my DD-214, showing military service (actually, I was an instructor on the M-1, M1A1, and M1911/1911A).

However, my main rationale is that I carry a firearm because I'm not strong enough to carry a policeman.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Rusty, I hope you are correct re. DD 214 &CCP.
I was lead to believe t5hat a DD-214 will get you a FID. I have an app for FL that I dragged along up here to PA and it is a pain to complete the process. I also heard the FL is < 9 + mos. behind in issuing permits,,,,,,bureaucratic red tape. If you have better info than I, please let me know.

If you have seen this reply before it is because I touched a key or button or something and the first one disappeared.

Dick.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
It's doubtful that anything a Barth owner would do would cause a search for "illicit" firearms.

I have read that dope dealers like to use respectable looking older couples in RVs to move their product, with the idea that they don't look like the stereotypical Miami Vice perp, and, as such, would not be subject to scrutiny from LE.

Of course, LE has grown wise to that, and we could be targeted for search by LE. I was stopped once down by the border. The Border Patrol asked if their dog could do a sniff test. It was over in a minute.

Interestingly, I offered to remove my own dog, but they said, no, it wasn't necessary. Their dog COMPLETELY ignored our dog's attentions. Our scaredy cat ran and hid, of course. I was impressed by the brevity and professionalism of both the patrolmen and the dog. What was interesting was that we had a number of fully automatic and/or silenced weapons, as we were traveling to or from my son's SEAL compound at Coronado to a civilian range, where they did a lot of their training. He often treated me to a range day. As we loaded up, I asked him about the legality, and he said it was all legal. Military officer and all that. I was stressing a little, but, they were after dope only, and the dog was all that went beyond the entry steps.

Working at the airport, I was really impressed by the bomb and dope-sniffing dogs.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Rusty is correct. A honorable discharge, a copy of a DD214, a copy of your fingerprints and $117.00 is all you need. I'm now in the process of renewing my Florida PTC (had one when I lived here prior to moving to Tennessee. The glitch now is there is a three month backup due to so many applicants due to our national problems,it's easier to steal than work. (according to the newspaper). I've been advised just keep using my Tennessee permit since FL & TN hold hands. Florida encourges seniors to protect themselves, so I qualify as I leaning on 82.........

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Coming out of Yuma north to Quartzsite or going east towards Phoenix you have to go thru inspection stations where they are looking for illegals and drugs. They use dogs to sniff your coach and toad as you slowly drive thru after asking where you are coming from. Also twice they have pulled over all diesel powered vehicles to dip the fuel tanks to check for off road fuel.....big fine if you get caught and from what i have heard if you have ever used it they can still detect it even after you have run 5 or 6 tanks of legal fuel thru the rig.