Tools
Reply To This Topic

New Barth Owner
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
Picture of Kim and Dianne
posted
Hi

We are new to the barth group and this is out first motorhome. It's old but in great shape. Thanks for a great site.

1976 Barth 21'
HAM Call: AC7YY

Posts: 29 | Location: Centralia, Washington | Member Since: 07-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Hi Kim, and Welcome! There seems to be a lot of WA Barths. I tried to edit your post with a picture that fit the page, but I didn't want to take a chance on irreparable damage, so it didn't happen.

Looks very nice. Is that original striping? I see yours came with the clear hand hold. Mine has the optional crackle treatment. Wanna share some details on the coach?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
More Pics!.....We're getting more & more '70's era Barths showing up here here.....20 year old heavy-iron DP's is one thing, but 30 year old bread-truck gassers is even more impressive Smiler

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
Picture of Kim and Dianne
posted Hide Post
The bread truck gaser has a chevy 350 with 89,450 miles. I was owned by a local car dealer and has been very well maintained and cared for. I assume the striping is orginal but I don't know for sure. The Barth logo on the front is black not crome. Also it has "1955" in blue plastic letters on the front and rear, I don't what that is all about? I have replaced the house bank batteries, replaced a sink faucet, and replace a broken water door for gravity wayer. Everything else seems to be working and in excellent shape.

A question, what is the normal method for operating the refrigerator while driving? Off, Propane? It doesn't appear the refrigerator has the DC option.

Thanks to all
Kim

1976 Barth 21'
HAM Call: AC7YY

Posts: 29 | Location: Centralia, Washington | Member Since: 07-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
The 1955 sounds like a Barth Rangers membership number.

If your fridge has an electric option at all, it may work on both AC & DC. Your manual (if you have one) should tell you, or perhaps the mfr.'s customer service, or perhaps someone here with a similar make & vintage will chime in. If it's propane only, you can only keep it on propane or shut it off. Keeping it on, the element of hazard is small, except when fueling. There's no guarantee the flame will stay lit at highway speeds, but the gas shuts off automatically if flame is not present.

Our first couple RVs in the late '60s & early '70s were propane only, & we made do. If you're not traveling all day in hot temperatures, the box will stay cool without power, & it helps to keep the freezer full, & frozen solid before you start.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post