Reply To This Topic

dump stations
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
bill h,

I agree with your thinking on adding a clean out. The town put sewer lines in our area last year and in the fall I connected, eliminating my septic system. When I had the line connected, I had a 6" stack placed in the front yard as a clean out, but actually, I wanted to use it to dump my tanks.

I have used it four times the season and it works great. However, being in the front yard near the front door, I must remember to close the door as I perfumed the house the last time I dumped.

The price we pay for convenience.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Danny Zeeff:
[B]FYI, When returning from Talledaga we stop at any one of several Georgia rest areas on I-75. The dump stations are always located near the exit and out of regular traffic. Forget Florida rest areas, at least as far as I've seen.

Hey Danny, I was by the East bound GA welcome site on I-20 last weekend and it's under construction. Dump station closed too. I was in my Jeep and had delayed a pit stop until there was only two options. I chose the bushes instead of the BVD's at that point. :-)

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hey Ron, Thanks for the update. I'll assume that station will still be closed in October and plan a stop after we get to 75 south of Atlanta. That stretch from the Georgia line to the bypass, then around to 75, is kind of a white knuckle ride on monday morning, but I've done it so many times it's no biggy any more.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post