Forums    General Discussions    Not everyone can afford a Barth.
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Not everyone can afford a Barth.
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gunner:
Go back and check out the pictures. No way the interior pictured matches the exterior - primarily the windows: small and high on the exterior, huge on the interior; windshield wipers confirm. (Not that it matters, of course)

The inside appears to have slides. Does the outside?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
There appears to be a slide seam in the first photo. The coach appears in the exterior views to have a one-piece windshield; the interior shots show a two-piece.

The same applies to curtains - blue from the exterior, none in the interior.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gunner:
Go back and check out the pictures. No way the interior pictured matches the exterior - primarily the windows: small and high on the exterior, huge on the interior; windshield wipers confirm. (Not that it matters, of course) Let's remember this when we decide to sell on E-Bay: post a lavish interior from a 40' with our P-30 exterior.
"Can't figure out the brand, but the interior looks like a Newell."
That's a European (or Brit?) Show -check out the overhead signage- and no Uhmericuun, esp a model, would be caught on camera wearing bellbottoms.

Gunner, this is my bad for causing all the confusion Confused The original email that I received had two coaches with interior shots of both. I didn't pay any attention to which shots went with which coach. I just liked the Mercedes toad in the belly. Here are some of the other pictures that were in the email. I won't post them all but you get the idea. One coach definitely has slides and big windows.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Must a coach other than the top one shown in the interior shots - split windshield and wiper parking position Wink

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
I just saw this motorhome on Top Gear last night. It is made by Volkner Mobil of Germany on either a Volvo or Mercedes chassis with a small 12 liter engine. Check it out on Youtube
http://youtube.com/watch?v=F5V6lg2RSoo&feature=related

1999 Airstream Safari 25'
2007 Toyota Tundra
1987 Yamaha YSR toads

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Chevalier:
It is made by Volkner Mobil of Germany on either a Volvo or Mercedes chassis with a small 12 liter engine.
In the video they say, without the car, this coach cost 750,000 British pounds. In todays dollars that comes out to $1,490,325 U.S. dollars.

The engine size is stated to be 12,000 cc. turbo. Converted for you 12,000 cc or 732.284 CID or, as Ed pointed out, 12 liters.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post