Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

John Deere Chassis
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted
Just wanting to know a little about the John Deere Chassis. Parts availability etc.

Thanks
Ralph Glover

Ralph Glover
1976 27' Barth
P-30 454
1998 Tracker Toad

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Sadly, there are few John Deere/Oshkosh chassis out there.

I've been able to get any parts that I've looked for, usually with some issues. The problem is that the average Joe will be hard pressed in most cases.

Recently, anytime that I've changed anything out I've been listing part numbers to help out others.

The chassis is stronger then the P32 Chevy Chassis. The frame and suspension are stiffer and taller. This usually will translate into larger underbody storage compartments and a stiffer ride compared to the other Regals out there.

They also made some JD Chassis as Gas pushers. I believe most are Ford 460 powered, but I could be wrong. My JD Chassis is 33' long without a tag. Anything that long for a P32 would require a tag axle.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill for the info, I was going to check the one out that was on ebay a month ago in Ohio , 88 33 footer but I think I'll pass.

Thanks Ralph

Ralph Glover
1976 27' Barth
P-30 454
1998 Tracker Toad

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
John Deer, Oshkosh and Internationa Harverster, (yes there were some IH chassied Barths out there) is now a part of Freightliner. There were only a few Barths but tons of other motorhomes like gas Bounders, and such. A few years ago (4-5) I contacted Freightliner and ask if they stocked parts and they said they did.

Bill isn't you chassis also about the same as a Ford F-53 chassis?

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bowers:
Bill isn't you chassis also about the same as a Ford F-53 chassis?
Yes, I've been told that most parts are the same. These were the same, for the most part, as the big yelow school busses of that era.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
You know there was another coach that used a ton of John Deere chassis and I couldn't think of the name, but it was Overland.. I pretty high dollar coach. But hey, want to compare it to a Barth. I found this very descriptive picture. You can tell immediately that it is a real piece of **** compared to a Barth.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
There was even a Cummins powered puller on a JD chassis.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post