Forums    General Discussions    Must have on board?
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Must have on board?
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
I've found a selection of bungee cords to be very handy. Recently I went to my local locksmith and ordered a 12 pack of Master combination locks with the same combination for all. It's eliminated four different keys and three different combinations from my life. Also they fit through the rotors of all my motorcycles so they are easy to carry for an added theft deterrent. Scrabble never gets redundant..AA battery tester comes in handy too...spigot splitter ...heavy duty radial tire plug kit...safety cones....what else?

------------------
Larry and Heidi from CA

Posts: 199 | Location: Costa Mesa, CA 92626 USA | Member Since: 01-05-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I used a Master hitch lock on a rotor, and was amazed how easily it failed when I forgot.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What y'all said plus my "gotta-have" is a good digital multi-meter. There's just something about knowing the voltage level out to two decimal places.......

My Mossberg is a comfort and my coffee maker is an absolute necessity.

Billh, you didn't mention a torque wrench. :-)

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
What kind of Mossberg do you own Ron?

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ron:

My Mossberg is a comfort and my coffee maker is an absolute necessity.

Billh, you didn't mention a torque wrench. :-)

My torque wrench is a comfort and my French press is an absolute necessity.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill, Defender with the pistol-grip stock in place. Not very useful, but easy to stash in an overhead compartment or beside the seat. Stacked with #6/#6/and the rest buckshot. Figure if I git skeert enough to go through the first couple of shots I may as well destroy something with the last four.

billh, I forgot about the press. LOL

I would love an Expresso machine just for the bling-factor but figure an occasional stop at Starbucks and then leaving the empty cup sitting on the dash will establish my rep. :-)

[This message has been edited by ron (edited July 28, 2005).]

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ryegal
posted Hide Post
I'd like to know more on the champ blender. I make a speciality drink called a 5 spice sidecar. very good ! I like having mt grandson, all I have to say is do you want to go and its a yes before he ever knows where. LOL

Posts: 94 | Location: Seattle,wa,usa | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
You know, in 67 years +, I'd never heard the word 'bling'. Now, in the last two weeks, I've heard it a bunch of times and even watched a car show out of (where else) L.A. for the 'bling award'. Maybe we could have a new forum and call it "blinging" and talk about all the bling things to do to make our Barths bling. (is that the right context?)

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryegal:
I'd like to know more on the champ blender. I make a speciality drink called a 5 spice sidecar. very good !

If you Google champ blender, all sorts of things will come up. The best price seems to be on Ebay. We bought ours at Quartzsite after seeing it demonstrated. It has 3 horsepower and will churn vegetables with such power that you end up with hot soup. It reduces full size ice cubes to such a smooth creamy texture that we would have one for drinks alone. Even non-alcoholic drinks can be better than you ever thought possible. It draws 15 amps, so you either have to run the genset or have a big inverter.

Please share your recipe for the 5 spice sidecar. Haven't even heard of a sidecar for a very long time.

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by humbojb:
You know, in 67 years +, I'd never heard the word 'bling'. Now, in the last two weeks, I've heard it a bunch of times and even watched a car show out of (where else) L.A. for the 'bling award'. Maybe we could have a new forum and call it "blinging" and talk about all the bling things to do to make our Barths bling. (is that the right context?)

A Barth is a classic. Bling and classic can not be used in the same sentence, nay not even in the same paragraph.

Likewise, bling and old are mutually exclusive.

Here is a link that will provide some information for those unfamiliar with the term:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bling

I shall remain silent on the demographics and social implications associated with "Bling".

Fire away. Shields are up.

posted Hide Post
So one could say, BILL G's COACH HAS A LOT OF BLING?

I will just stick with my saying, Bill, it really SHINES.

Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by humbojb:

You never watched "Josie & the Pussycats? That alien that ran around with them always said "Bling Bling"

Am I dating myself now? Please tell me you know what I'm talking about.

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ryegal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
If you Google champ blender, all sorts of things will come up. The best price seems to be on Ebay. We bought ours at Quartzsite after seeing it demonstrated. It has 3 horsepower and will churn vegetables with such power that you end up with hot soup. It reduces full size ice cubes to such a smooth creamy texture that we would have one for drinks alone. Even non-alcoholic drinks can be better than you ever thought possible. It draws 15 amps, so you either have to run the genset or have a big inverter.

Please share your recipe for the 5 spice sidecar. Haven't even heard of a sidecar for a very long time.

Posts: 94 | Location: Seattle,wa,usa | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ryegal
posted Hide Post
Here is the 5 spiced sidecar, M M Good
muddle 1/4 of an orange and1/4th of a lime with ice in a shaker add1 pinch of 5 spice, 1/2 oz sake, 1 1/2 oz brandy, 1 1/2oz sweet and sour mix. Frost a martini glass dip the rim of the glass in sugar. fill with ingredients.garnish with another pinch of 5 spice mix and a cherry Then enjoy. Donna

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
"Josie and the Pussycats"? Oh boy! Am I too young or too old? We didn't even get TV until I was 17 and that was 1955. My bride from the next generation says she heard of the show but never watched it and she watched EVERYTHING! I wonder if the alien was talking about something else?

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post