Tools
Reply To This Topic

Happy Halloween
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
Smiler Cassidy wanted me to wish you a Happy Halloween and to tell you to save some candy for the "tricker-treaters"

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Vewwwwy Spooky Cassidy!!

You outdid yourself. Halloween is my favorite holiday and you brought a smile to my face when I saw your great drawing.

I think Dad should reward you by flying you down to Disney and taking you to the Magic Kingdom's Haunted House. Tell your Dad he should do that......and ....Danny.....No....Rusty suggested it!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Here are 3 more images that you might like.

Close up of Bunn-Bunn strolling on our wall with her trick or treat bag. Yes, we bought the smaller pumpkin just for Bunn-Bunn.

The big pumpkin was grown from the remains of the carved up pumpkin from last year. 5 seeds gave us 10 pumpkins, but this was the only one that really grew.

Cassidy didn't realize it at the time, but I took the picture so you could see her wearing my size 11 work sneakers... Big Grin

Oh, I almost forgot, Reese says hi too Wink

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Happy Halloween has always translates into a Big Happy Birthday to Sloop John B

Here is sloop... er, I mean, John & Audrey Bendle with their 1988 Regal 28' taken at the Milford GTG back in May of this year.

Looking forward to seeing you at a future event. Wink

You know what they say don't you? all who wander are not lost.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
You know the scariest part of Halloween? Having to give away all your Reese cups! Big Grin
Had to make a dash to the store to get more candy, some goblins munched two bags before the trick or treaters had a chance Wink

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I talked to my parents last night in Oklahoma. It seems that alot of people in the Bible Belt had Halloween on Saturday. Makes sense to me.

My parents house had a lot of "Trick Я Treaters" and their Church had what they called a "Trunk Я Treat". The congregants opened up their trunk after Church Services last night, and passed out candy while the kids moved between the cars in the parking lot.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
It seems that alot of people in the Bible Belt had Halloween on Saturday.

.........strange how people of the bible, old and new, celebrate a pagan holiday.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Dubbs:
quote:

.........strange how people of the bible, old and new, celebrate a pagan holiday.

Dick, this bothers me too but what they have done to Easter gives me heart burn - literly.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

A tremendous number of our holidays have their roots in pre-Christian or secular traditions.

Some of this is just historical sequencing or evolving, and some is pragmatic adaptation by Christian missionaries to make conversion a little more convenient. We can see much of the same in the melding (and renaming) of the Greek Gods into Roman system. We can even get crazy and do Paul and his former membership in the Dionysian Mystery Cult into Christianity or Augustin's Manicheanism affecting Christianity. Or the Zoroastrian influence on Judaism during the Babylonian exile, and the introduction of the concept of the duality of the Divine Spirit and man's free will to choose. Or the Chinvat Bridge and our Christian Judgement Day.

I am a little mystified at how Halloween has shifted form its roots in the Irish Samhain festival, which was converted by missionaries into the Christian holiday All Soul's Day (commemorating the departed), into a celebration with a lot of references to evil and violent deaths. Somehow, mischief and pranks worked their way in, with it often extending into vandalism. And then, there is Devil's Night in Detroit, which moved all this into a serious felonies, even fatal ones...........

The two purely Christian holidays that come immediately to mind are Good Friday and Palm Sunday.

Some Christian groups do not observe most holidays, citing their non-Christian origins.

Oh-Oh.........thread drift.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Thats a a pretty scary guy with a good lookin women in front of a fantastic Barth Regal. Cool Thanks Bill NY for the birthday wish on the phone this morning . Sorry we missed you as we were out to lunch with friends from church for my birthday Smiler Its great to be part of the Barth family. cheers Cassidy has out done her self agian with her art work Thumbs Up

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Being from Switzerland I never heard of Halloween as a kid and all saints day (Nov 1) was catholic. We had to get our candy fix from on Santa Claus on Dec 6th (St. Nick). Now how we got a saint mixed in there as reformists I do not know. Doris

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DougZ:
...this bothers me too but what they have done to Easter gives me heart burn - literly.
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
I am a little mystified at how Halloween has shifted form its roots in the Irish Samhain festival, which was converted by missionaries into the Christian holiday All Soul's Day (commemorating the departed), into a celebration with a lot of references to evil and violent deaths. Somehow, mischief and pranks worked their way in, with it often extending into vandalism.
I wonder how we tossed in cats too? That one seems a little odd.

quote:
Oh-Oh.........thread drift.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder how we tossed in cats too? That one seems a little odd.

There is a lot of superstition associated with black cats. I think the devil or witches are supposed to favor black cats.

BTW, nice looking cat.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Cudji!!!!! She is nicer to me now.... I guess shes getting used to being here....

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
A tremendous number of our holidays have their roots in pre-Christian or secular traditions.

quote:
The two purely Christian holidays that come immediately to mind are Good Friday and Palm Sunday.

quote:
Dick, this bothers me too but what they have done to Easter

just an observation, add chistmas trees to Good Fri and Easter and Palm Sunday. I was in a Dollar Genweral today for a news paper and there were two (both sides = 4) aisles filled with Christmas decor and such. I'm O K with my God. The other s?%t is just for fun. GOTTA GO! there is some kind of screeching going on in my back yard!

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post