Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Help PLEASE
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Good day all. Just joined this website.
Can anyone tell me what a 87/88 Barth Regal, might be worth? 33 foot, paint not great, interior excellent condition, 454 Chevy,Tag, $3500 engine work, $5000 solar work with large inverter, 2 years ago, new radiator this year.
65000 miles. Has receipts

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give

Posts: 4 | Location: Canada | Member Since: 09-08-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forums! Typically, we don't comment on value/price unless we're intimately familiar with the coach in question, and then only to confirm its condition.

Any vintage coach can be expected to need things fixed/replaced, some immediately, some deferred.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
There is great variation in pricing on these old coaches. We always see the asking prices but rarely see what the actual sale price was. People don't bother to report very often.

Many original owners are very disappointed that their $100,000+ coaches are now worth less than 30K.

I have an 87 Regal 33 ft I purchased from a relative in spring 2011. Paid 10K, probably could have beat them down to 8 but didn't want to beat them. It was in good shape inside, paint a bit tired and running but not reliable. (~90,000 miles)

Since then I have replaced/upgraded a lot of stuff: engine, radiator, axle rebuilt, brakes, brake lines, shocks, tires, air bags, TV, water heater, furnace, fuel injection system, fuel lines, fuel pump, AC, etc (see my posts here on the site!) confusion

I have put at least $15K more into the thing to get everything up to date and stable.

When I am done with the coach I will be lucky to get 15K for it… hmm

Your seller will want to recover their investment but market prices do not usually work that way.

Good luck with your sale, keep in touch here, we'll help when we can.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5183 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
Prices for Barth Regal typically run around 12000 - 17000 in Canada and lesser in USA!!

Try doing a search of Barth sightings https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...s/a/frm/f/6241087061
for more info....

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Perry, as Steve said, the maintenance does not increase the value -- might maintain the value, compared to the alternative of being practically worthless if neglected.

The amount Steve speculates he has spent does NOT include labor. Some of us are no where near as skilled as he, thus shelling out thousand$ more to get things done.

just sold a Tandem-Tow HD to a man in Northern Ontario. Because I had not been following currency exchange, I was stunned to learn that his dollar was worth only 76 cents to a US dollar. I agree with Doug -- that the exchange rate must be taken into consideration as you contemplate the value of your antique motor home.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post