Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Country Music
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
I don't drink much, a glass of wine here and there, BUT if I did I would get a couple beers and play a couple songs I have discovered. Red Sovine, Sad Violins and Micky Gilly, Lonely Nights. Man oh man, they are something. And just think, I used to hate country music.. (This is the general discussion forum isn't it?)

If anyone has broadband I will send you the MP3's

------------------

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited March 22, 2005).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
My all-time Country favorite written and sung by Mickey Gilley: "The Girls All Get Prettier At Closing Time". And how about his real-life cousin, pianist/singer Jerry Lee Lewis?

"You are what you play" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like country and oldies

You can send me the music as I have my Direcway Satilite dish set up here in my camp site now.

gordon@hinkleymall.com

Thanks for the offer

quote:
Originally posted by davebowers:
I don't drink much, a glass of wine here and there, BUT if I did I would get a couple beers and play a couple songs I have discovered. Red Sovine, Sad Violins and Micky Gilly, Lonely Nights. Man oh man, they are something. And just think, I used to hate country music.. (This is the general discussion forum isn't it?)

If anyone has broadband I will send you the MP3's

------------------
Gordon B
1987 Barth 32' SE

Posts: 30 | Location: Havasu Lake Calif USA | Member Since: 04-09-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill Stevson
posted Hide Post
I'll drink to that!

Posts: 113 | Location: Macks Creek, MO | Member Since: 11-02-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
Well I like country too, because We are a little country: I like "Johnny Lee" Looking for "LOVE IN ALL THE WRONG PLACE" Or" Walter Roy HAWK" "COUNTRY SOUL"

------------------
Jay&Shelby 95 Barth Regency 34ft. 8.3 Cummins 300 hp.
Spartan K2 MM.

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jay you may be from the south...but you have some good northern ideas!!!

just gettn started with one song..more to come...if you like country give it a try..if you don't let today be the day to do something different....it could be the first day of the rest of your life...thanks..roy

www.artistblast.com/music/ walter roy hawk

u can vote..you can b-rate me..check out the radio station too!!

------------------
living in beautiful southern illinois
77-21' p-30 454
check out my music link
www.artistblast.com/music/walter roy hawk thanks

Posts: 37 | Location: alto pass il | Member Since: 01-18-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay Boys...here is a song for all you men...we saw Vince Gill and the Cherry Bombs perform this live last year at Merlefest in NC and the crowd went wild the song is..."How can you kiss the lips at night that chewed your a$$ all day" This is a real song and as funny as all get out.

:-)

[This message has been edited by whamer (edited April 13, 2005).]

Posts: 32 | Location: Hanover, PA USA | Member Since: 06-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
found it on the web but can't find an author..or sound recording...i would like to hear this song..if you have copy please let me know...roy

------------------
living in beautiful southern illinois
77-21' p-30 454
check out my music link
www.artistblast.com/music/walter roy hawk thanks

Posts: 37 | Location: alto pass il | Member Since: 01-18-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry can't help you...we saw it performed live on stage and Vince did say it was on his latest CD, beyond the song title is all I can help you with. Vince did say this was a phrase his Dad used and he always wanted to use it in a song, so he may have written it himself. You can try this link to Vince Gill web site.

http://www.vincegill.com/bombs/index.php

Posts: 32 | Location: Hanover, PA USA | Member Since: 06-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does Patsy Cline qualify as 'country'? I might be showing my age, but my all-time favorite was Patsy Cline. She was plain as a mud fence but could sing better than any current pop princess with a microphone stuck to her head. We used to call it 'hillbilly' music before it became 'country.' If you want to mellow out, put on her 'Greatest Hits' CD and open a bottle of wine -- domestic wine will do.

Trivia -- Willie Nelson wrote "Crazy" and sold it to Patsy Cline for $75 because he needed the money.

Posts: 25 | Location: Prince Frederick, MD, USA | Member Since: 08-27-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BevBarth:
Does Patsy Cline qualify as 'country'? I might be showing my age, but my all-time favorite was Patsy Cline. She was plain as a mud fence but could sing better than any current pop princess with a microphone stuck to her head. We used to call it 'hillbilly' music before it became 'country.' If you want to mellow out, put on her 'Greatest Hits' CD and open a bottle of wine -- domestic wine will do.

Trivia -- Willie Nelson wrote "Crazy" and sold it to Patsy Cline for $75 because he needed the money.

Another Patsy Cline fan here. Although I find a beer more appropriate than wine, as no true fan of hillbilly music ends up "crying into their wine." it just doesn't roll of the tongue the way "cryin' into my beer" does.

When I listen to her early stuff, I am amazed at how such a young girl can sing with such in-depth feeling (and seeming knowledge) about love, life and betrayal at such a young age.

My fave is Life is Like a Mountain Railroad. Love the backup, too.

Interesting trivia about Willie. He really paid his dues, didn't he?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post