Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Interior light covers
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of petermac
posted
Does anyone know where I can get 5x5 square interior lamp covers I am in need of6 of them.
Any suggestions would be apperocated.
Peter Mac

Posts: 31 | Location: Vancouver B.C. | Member Since: 09-02-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Pix?

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petermac:
Does anyone know where I can get 5x5 square interior lamp covers I am in need of6 of them.
Any suggestions would be apperocated.
Peter Mac

Are yours missing or just old and brittle?

Usually, the OEM ones are brittle only in the center, where the heat is greatest.

If yours are like mine

I have found a lens that is aa trifle larger and fits right over the ratty OEM ones with a little Shoe Goo. I break out the center where the old ones are most brittle, and leave the outer perimeter. That way, the original engagement lugs are useable, and the bulb is shining through only one layer of plastic.

I can't locate the number, but I drive past the store where I bought them once a week or so.

Let me know if you want the number, and I will stop in.

If your lenses are missing, these can be stuck on with a couple dabs of shoe goo or a good grade of foam tape. They do not extend past the metal body of the light, so they look perfect.

The shading on the lens is because I didn't break out all of the flat part of the old lens. It only shows up in certain light, but I would recommend breaking out all of the flat part, leaving only the outside 3/4 inch or so. Since that picture was taken I have removed the old lens completely and glued the PD one in position with a coupla dabs of Shoe Goo.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of petermac
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mine are missing completely I get a pic tomorrow

Posts: 31 | Location: Vancouver B.C. | Member Since: 09-02-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Try Charman Enterprises out of Eaton, IN
(765)396-9683
I got replacement lenses for my Thin-Lite fixtures from them last year for $12ea.

Tom & Jillene

1988 Regal
28' Chevy 454
8805-3538-28C-B3

Posts: 190 | Location: Crystal River, FL | Member Since: 08-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/align.html

Try these!

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
Stopped by the store today, and the lenses in my earlier post are PD304 (optic). They are lenses for the Progressive Dynamics PD751.

There are three different choices, white, optic and prismatic. Optic is PD304, white is PD305, and prismatic is PD306, all in a two-pack from a dealer.

If you call PD at 269 781 4241, a nice lady will sell you them for $.84 each, and will send them in the mail. The numbers for the individual lenses are 810590 for the white, 810527 for the optic, and 807673 for the prismatic.

They measure 5" wide one way, and 5 1/16" the other way. The small mounting lips make it wider one way. With the lips filed or cut off, they would be exactly 5X5 and symmetrical.

A local store might have them, or they are available on the internet Most internet sites gouge on the shipping, though. CW often has them in stock.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Bill, I noticed your power port on your lights. Are they just pressed in or glued in. After seeing this, it is now on my to do list. Any tricks I should Know.

Doorman

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doorman:
Bill, I noticed your power port on your lights. Are they just pressed in or glued in.

Both. I used Shoe Goo, but JB weld or Marine Tex would also work. The angles inside ruled out using the standard nut or threaded sleeve method of securing.

quote:
After seeing this, it is now on my to do list. Any tricks I should Know.

Doorman

Only that it's pretty tight in there, so placement is critical. I used soldered grounds, direct to the bulb socket.

BTW, that wire looks skinner than it is. Very thin Kapton insulation. If more pictures would help, holler.

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
Bump. More numbers and prices and sources added to 11/21 post.