Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

S N O W
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Sloop John B
posted
The TV said we would be getting 2-4" . But I have pushed 5+" so far and not letting up. But it,s white. HO HO HO! JKB

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
We have about 5" so far. It's 8:15 am and it looks like we are going to get another 3" of the white stuff. They say it's going to be a bad winter this year.

The Barth's winter cover looks a little strange with the snow pushing the top of the cover down and leaving the AC and vent covers sticking up. Makes me wish I could park her inside.

I have to watch the weather channel. It keeps calling me back to look at it. I can't seem to take my eyes off of it for more then 20 minutes.

My kids are off of school today so we have a full house. For my daughter it's her first day of missing school because of the weather. She's five and her 8 year old brother was filling her head up last night with the thought of missing school because of the snow.

I peaked in on them and saw glimpses of years past, me watching the snow in the street lights hoping that school would be closed, now being played out in my own kids. I think back to days of my childhood and wonder if my parents did the same.

I think I'll call my parents now and let them know that I'm thinking about them. I might bring the kids by there house today and let them go sledding down the same hill I went when I was a little boy.

The first snow of the season seems to bring out the child in me, wishing for simpler times. I got a mortgage now and bills stuffed in the mailbox and can see why my dad was always working.

I think I'll take the day to spend with the kids and family. I'm blessed in that my kids still have all of the grandparent around. I'm sure my parents know how grateful I am but I should say it anyways.

To me that's what snow is. Memories of my childhood. Simpler times and snowfights. Building Snowmen and Snow Angels. Walking on the ice by the pond. Getting off of school and playing till my jeans turned my legs blue from the dye.

No matter how much it snows it keeps bringing be back to my youth. So, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Bill, I get the same warm fuzzies when it snows as you do, but all-in-all, considering my great grandchildren are the age of your kids, I'd rather be inside looking out, than out there slopping around in it.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
When I look at the TV and see all thst white stuff, I have different memories.
The shoveling snow at night only to have the plow come by leaving me a job for morning.
The being stuck and needing a tow!
The dents in the car!
The scary skids!
the frozen windshield!
THE MOVE TO FLORIDA!! i'M HAPPY TO BE HERE!!

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Snow is one of the extreme aspects of life. It can bring greif and discomfort, and it can also be beautiful and fun. I have been downhill skiing for 40 years and ski every weekend starting in December. Because of this, I still enjoy winter and look forward to snow storms. So the 10 inches we got on Friday was welcome. Even though a plow ripped up a metal expansion joint and I flatted on a bridge overbass going to work and had to change a tire at 6:30 AM in the middle of rush hour during the storm. I'm thankful the flat was on the passenger side front.

Don, I will admit that owning a motorhome has my wife and I looking seriously at traveling south after the holidays when I retire in two years. This effort will help avoid the grief of winter, but I will miss those pleasure moments. Clearly, the older I get, the more warm winters attraction tuggs on me.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Well we ended up with 8+" of white stuff. Glad I was home during the storm,as I go thur the intersection at the north west corner of Midway Airport 4 to 5 times a week. Our Bank has a lot of loans in the Clearing neighborhood which is to the west of the airport.. It is an intresting landing if it is raining ,windy, or snowing, with the short runways. I have been in peoples back yard taking pictures of the house and sometimes I have taken a photo with the plane seeming to be on top of the house. Midway is right in the middle of the city with houses across the street. My sons both fly out of Midway offten on business so it is a concern. JKB

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post