Tools
Reply To This Topic

Cool place to visit
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted
Sitting at Heathrow waiting for my delayed flight back to the states and want to share the cool UK place I found this week. One of my company's facilities is in York, England and it is definitely the best place I have yet visited over here in more than a decade of visiting the UK on a regular basis.

Picture a medieval town with two rivers and surrounded by an intact stone wall around the city. Within the wall

are hundreds of shops, bars, restaurants as well as a huge cathedral

and other intriguing buildings. Perhaps the neatest place is called "The Shambles"

where the ancient building lean into the street and seem to want to touch in the middle.

Their are lots of ghost walks and historic tours too. Just thought I'd pass this on as a great place to plan a holiday with the exception that the Barth needs to stay at home.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of Wharf Rat
posted Hide Post
Your a Lucky Dog Corey!

Nice thanx for the peek into the past!

I'm going to see that Grand Canyon......and I'm going to do it in style!

Posts: 52 | Location: Rockland Maine | Member Since: 07-03-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post