Forums    General Discussions    1995 Breakaway for sale as is.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1995 Breakaway for sale as is.
 Login now/Join our community

posted
We own a 31' Breakaway, Cummins 5.9, Spartan Chassis. Runs very well, with 80,000 miles. It needs about $3500 repairs to generator (LP) and support structure behind the front aluminum panel below the windshield. Front aluminum panel needs to be removed, rusted metal replaced, etc.

Is there any market for this coach? What is the salvage value? Repair shop emphasized the entire driveline is in excellent shape. Interior is good and all appliances are in good working order.

Any info. advice, much appreciated.

Marty Adams

Posts: 5 | Location: Rockledge, Florida, USA | Member Since: 03-19-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty new to this site, but my guess that if everything is in good shape as you say and you ask something reasonable, you will sell it. Post some pics here!!!

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forums (long-time member)! A used generator would cost less than reworking the old one. I tired of the LPG genset in mine and replaced it with a gaso Honda; however, I had room behind the fuel tank for its gaso tank.

Rebuilding the substructure under the windshield sounds more complex than it is; with the front panel removed, there's easy access.

A '95 Breakaway is relatively rare. It would be marketable even with the deficiencies. However, AFAIK, there were no 31' Breakaways (Barth, unlike some builders, didn't include the bumpers in the length). Yours may be a 30'. The data tag would reveal its size.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Mart, you need to put a bunch of photos in Photo Bucket

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many thanks to all who took time to respond. I will post some pictures, as advised. It is my goal to find a new home for our Barth. I will investigate how to solve the generator problem. It runs well. Have installed a new control card and voltage regulator...still no output. Not sure if it's worth further diagnostics, or just abandon it.

I was disheartened when I put up the post yesterday, but feel very heartened by reading your notes.

Thanks to all.

Marty

Marty Adams

Posts: 5 | Location: Rockledge, Florida, USA | Member Since: 03-19-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post