Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

You meet the nicest people at Barthmobile
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Keith the Nomad
posted
Last year I was having trouble with my HWH levelling jacks and was looking for parts. HWH would not give me the information on the parts and would only sell me new actuators at $268 each As I need two lots, that came to Australian dollars 675.00.
I knew that all I needed to fix he actuators were a few seals and orings. As I live fulltime on the rod and need to have my RV immobile for as short a time as possible, I needed the parts in hand before I started the job.
I googled HWH Actuators and found a post from one of your members (KEVIN) who had done the job. I contacted him through your site and asked if he could supply me with the part numbers Required.
The next thing I knew was that He said that he had bought the parts and that he needed my address so he could Post them to me. I have received the parts and have asked how he would like me to reimburse him. He said it was only $25 and it didn't matter about that and he was happy to help out.
I am overwhelmed and humbled by the kindness and generosity shown to me, a total stranger, by KEVIN.
I'm pretty sure that he always tries to help people out and is an asset to your site. The world needs more people like Kevin. The hours of conversation I have had with him on Skype tells me hat he also knows what he is talking about. I know this as I am a retired Mechanical Engineer, A qualified tradesman and have worked on all aspects of Ships, Trucks and heavy earthmoving equipment.
With Kevin's, permission I would like to make a donation to your site in order to reimburse him.
With many thanks,
Keith

Posts: 6 | Location: Queensland Australia | Member Since: 12-17-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your kind comments. There are many times we get questions and do the best we can to help, but never get any feedback. I have always been impressed by the collective talent and knowledge of our members. It is nice to know when things work out well.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Kevin is one of our more creative and inventive members!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jace The Ace
posted Hide Post
What a great thing to do for somebody on the other side of the pond. Gives me hope that the world could be a better place if we all just had a Barth!! Way to be Kevin.

Posts: 9 | Location: Montana | Member Since: 10-14-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Keith,

Thank you Keith

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's judge this site by what it gives us and not by what it does not. There is no other. ALL the people here contribute some thing even those who I do not see any need to read their posts. But in the end it is I who controls the clicker. Life is so much more rewarding if we "play nice"

Posts: 81 | Location: golden valley, az | Member Since: 02-05-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post