Reply To This Topic

Freaky puppy
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted

Photoshop at it's weirdest

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave, you need to get out of the house regardless of the temperature outside. It must be freezing there because I noticed a new Barth picture almost everyday! I hope you're not losing your mind....

------------------
Larry and Heidi from CA

Posts: 199 | Location: Costa Mesa, CA 92626 USA | Member Since: 01-05-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Lost my mind a long time ago. However, my Jr. website guru set that system up so that almost everytime you sign in you see a new image. I have about 15 more to send here so it should even be more exciting.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
90 or 93 degrees here in Yuma yesterday and today, depending on which temperature sign you were looking at.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hey Shadow that is in Havasu isn't it. After a hint of spring and some 50's a week or so ago it has plunged to the lower 20's and will stay there for the next week or so. zero at night.

------------------

posted Hide Post
We quit using the heaters to take the chill off of the mornings last week and started leaving the windows open at nite this week and for the last 3 days have been using the ac. Right now at 5:30 pm it is 95 degrees...good thing there is a fair breeze blowing, helps make it tolerable..... even if it is a Dry Heat.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hey Shadow, I have a question. I have have never had a problem with allergies or anything like that in the past. But here in Minnesota there are so many trees and schrubs of every kind so if we leave the windows open at night we get up in the morning all clogged up and wheezing. When you move to the desert does all of that problem disappear. I have enclosed a couple pictures of our backyard and you will see what I mean.

posted Hide Post
Nice yard Dave, Used to be that people moved to Az for their health but from what i understand so many plants were brought in by people wanting a little piece of back home that now a lot of people have problems with their allergies acting up. I guess that one of the biggest culprets was/is the Russian olive tree....to the point that i heard that they have been banned is some places. I will have to ask my brother how his allergies are here, he is only about 100 yards away from here. Right now in some areas the citrus trees are blooming and we love the smell. On Maui i planted a lot of nite blooming jasmine which would bloom about 3 or 4 times a year....what a great smell. Anyway i don't usually have a problem being stuffed up in the mornings that i can recall, if i am it must clear up right away because i haven't even really thought about it before. Anyway down here it would be a "dry" congestion!!! its now 9:30 with a nice cool breeze blowing and the temp is down to 75. My neighbor told me that the one bank temp sign said 101 yesterday but i think that one reads a little high although last year about this time we hit triple digits for a week or so before it went back down. Looks like we are gonna have to stay till mid may to get our medical back in effect. Some people have already been leaving the last week or so, not as many people in the stores as before.

The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Dave, it depends on what you're allergic to. I never had allergies before moving to Washington State, even as a kid where you live in MN, but at this time of the year out here, I sneeze and snort and sniffle from tree pollen, most likely alder.

My dearly beloved was plagued by terrific hay fever in the autumn when we lived back East, but is allergy free out here.

I never had problems in the Southwest, except in early spring when the desert mallow blooms. Not for nothing the Indian people called it "sore eyes." Almost everyone is affected, but it doesn't last long. I've known 2 people who couldn't stay in the SW because they developed a terrific allergy to creosote bush, which is ubiquitous there.

You just have to try, and see if what's there is one of your personal poisons.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Roy, have you ever seen a cedar tree when it releases its pollen? First time i ever saw it i did a double take. Looked like somebody had hit it with a car or something large because all of a sudden there was a large cloud of brownish/gray dust around it. Wouldn't want to be standing next to one when it lets go even if i don't have allergies.

posted Hide Post
To bad you had to leave when you did Roy, some of the people here say they have never seen so many flowers in the desert as this year.