Forums    General Discussions    unfinished business?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

unfinished business?
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted
Seems pretty slow around here. Maybe everyone is busy with projects like siding the garage:

or maybe building a catwalk in the 3 ft attic space to blow in more insulation:

or maybe replacing the furnace in the 4 ft crawlspace (sometimes I wish I wasn't 6 ft tall)

Or maybe, some IMPORTANT ladder work (Barth is calling to me!) Replaced the loose pop rivets on 2 ladder stanchions with st. steel thrubolts. (Only took 3 hrs, removing curtains, blinds and valance inside)

Bottom of door was loose, added corner brackets and extra pop rivets.

This leaves only the 3 u-joints and the center bearing on the driveshaft (soon!)

And of course, the largest unfinished project of all, cosmetic work.

Maybe someday I'll actually get caught up... (yeah right!)

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5186 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Wishful thinking my friend - wishful thinking!

I found out every time I start a new project somehow an old one reminds me it isn't finished.

And the beat keeps going............

Capt Jim Smiler

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
So I went on the roof yesterday to make sure everything looked good for a Minnesnowta winter. Made the mistake of touching the combiner box for the solar and it shattered. Woops, toucned the max air vent cover over the fantastic fan and it shattered. So I thought get the heck off the roof. Which I did. I am not going to touch the skylights nono Today I fixed the max air with a new cover the new ones are hinged to ba able to clean Click what a novel idea making something easy. made use of a waterproof electrical box from a box from Cabela's by wix. Waiting for the caulk to set up on the constrictions for the wires. Install tomorrow. Trip 2 weeks for Minnesnowta Pheasant Opener. Starting out my nephew that has gone but never armed. He's stoked but the population is down 70% Thumbs Down so I hope I can get him on Birds. Thumbs Up

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
That's how I noticed my ladder was loose, went up to check the AC covers, never got to those.

Pheasants all but gone in MI. I do miss the hunts in the 70's. Pheasants are great tasty birds!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5186 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
ummm, well this afternoon i fixed a couple of wires that had broken at the plugin in for my magnetic lights for the jeep. Other than that for the last week or so we have been playing in Yellowstone and Grand Teton Park. Salt Lake City for the nite and then onward south tomorrow. Big Grin

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post