Forums    General Discussions    Saw no Barth's, AGAIN.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Saw no Barth's, AGAIN.
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Sharon and I made a quick trip to Nashville, Tn. today to visit a very sick friend, and must report that AGAIN we didn't see a single Barth. I think we have only seen one in all the trips in our car and RV. The one Barth we saw was OF COURSE GOING THE OTHER DIRECTION, but it appeared to be our twin. Now that would have been fun had we come up on them from the rear, or they us. Somewhere over the rainbow. Play it Dave....

We read about the problems RV owners have, but really we don't see them behind a tow truck very often. We did see one today, but it appeared to be overhead damage. They just don't fit under a drive-thru bank roof you know. Have not been there, done that, thank goodness.

Dale

[This message has been edited by Smith Brother (edited July 06, 2005).]

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Dale,

In the three years I have owned the Barth, I have never seen another on the road, parked or otherwise in real life. My viewings are relegated to this site and the occasional listing on a "for sale" site. I have met a few people who know about them and always say how they represent quality and once I met a lady who said her husband once sold their travel trailers. They are a rare beast.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I have estimated that in the entire 30 years Barth was in business they produced less than 10,000 coaches. In the same period of time Winnebago produced 500,000 plus, Fleetwood almost as many, (they would say more) not to mention Newmar, National (Dolphin, Tropical, etc, and all the rest. One could say that it would be a miracle for you to see one Barth by chance. However, hey, I saw two at one campground once, but they were owned by the same guy. And, I saw 28 in one place once....oh that was that rally.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/15
Picture of stringmann
posted Hide Post
I thought I saw one on Thursday afternoon, 7/7, coming out of the TN or GA welcome center near Chattanooga TN around 4 pm ET. It was going the other way, but looked like a 38' or so DP pulling a toad and looking 'most fetching', (as we say in the south.)

Posts: 118 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Soon after buying our Euro, I happened to see another Barth parked in a yard about a mile from home. Well I guess they're not too scarce, says I. A few trips to races and some weekends to campgrounds proved me wrong. That smaller unit was owned by a Viet Namese family that took the Barth and left. It is fun to watch for Barths and it gives you something to do when bookin' down the road. BTW! Dennis is a monster but is predicted to stay well west of Fla. Good for us but we can only wish good luck to those on the North Coast of the Gulf.

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Coming back from Lone Pine, CA, My honey and I saw black family scooting down the road in and older Barth. We tooted our horn and waved and received the same. This sighting was July the 5th. This is the first one we saw since being a Barth owner and we have only made two trips after buying jonesy's jewel of a Barth.

Posts: 5 | Location: Victorville,Ca | Member Since: 05-10-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys!
Come to the Barth Rallys, there were also at least three of us at the FMCA rally in Perry.
Also Danny we came to see you in Fl..

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Barth spotted. 7/9/05, 12:35 PM. westbound on Hwy. 101 c/a 1 mile west of Sequim, WA. Short, early model bustle-back, with a folding boat strapped to the side. Is this Dennis Broderson's little one, or someone else?

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Yeah Don, that was a pleasant surprise visit! Are you going to Fort DeSoto perhaps September or October. It'd be fun to hook up there and swap lies and sing a song or two.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post