Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

89 Barth Regency 38'
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello from Lumberton, NJ.
We just purchased our first Motorhome and is it ever beautiful! We have been looking for a motorhome for some time. When we came across the Barth for sale we felt that it was a quality built vehicle. We were impress with your Web site especially how all you Barth owners were so proud of your vehicles. We know we have a lot to learn and are still a bit overwhelmed by it all.

Thank you Dave for the email after the sale was over. That did make us feel a little more confident that perhaps we did the right thing. The coach looked better than the pictures. Touching the wood, sitting in the lounge, resting in bed were all real. The coach is truly lovely. We started in FL and drove to NJ. The coach handled itself well. We will probable have a million questions to ask. At the moment we just don't know what they will be.

We can't seemed to get the roof clearance lights to work and are not sure where to begin. Maybe someone can tell me where to find the fuse panel. (Please don't laugh too hard at us)
Andy Byrne

------------------

Posts: 3 | Location: LUMBERTON, NJ | Member Since: 07-06-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post

Welcome Andy, yes I do love that Regency you have now. Someday I will have to trade my 28 foot Regal for a coach like that to visit the US in.

I have all of the pictures in the above album to share.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on becoming a Barth owner, I hope it will bring you as much joy as mine does me.
The roof clearance lights are run through a rocker switch on the dashboard called “CLNS. LTS.” On mine, this switch operates a relay, which gets power from the ‘Parking Light’ section of the headlight switch. The CLNS LTS switch is a ‘normally closed’ switch, which means that it is ON all the time, unless the switch is operated (push in the bottom of switch) at which time, if the Parking Lights, or Headlights are ON. Will shut off the Clearance Lights, while the switch is operated, as to signal a passing driver for whatever reason you choose.

Presently - on the Natchez Trace

------------------
On the road.

89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
welcome andy I know you will enjoy your new to you barth. Jerry and Terri

Posts: 15 | Location: Godfrey, IL, US | Member Since: 07-27-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's nothing like driving your Barth down the road and seeing another Barth coming toward you. Needless to say you will be waving like mad. The other day my wife, Carol, and I were coming back home from a nice outing with the Barth and there was an old man riding along in a car besides us. He gave us a thumbs up. It was obvious that he knew was he was looking at. The Barth is a great motor home. There will be things that need looking after, but that is just part of the fun.

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack:
Congratulations on becoming a Barth owner, I hope it will bring you as much joy as mine does me.
The roof clearance lights are run through a rocker switch on the dashboard called “CLNS. LTS.” On mine, this switch operates a relay, which gets power from the ‘Parking Light’ section of the headlight switch. The CLNS LTS switch is a ‘normally closed’ switch, which means that it is ON all the time, unless the switch is operated (push in the bottom of switch) at which time, if the Parking Lights, or Headlights are ON. Will shut off the Clearance Lights, while the switch is operated, as to signal a passing driver for whatever reason you choose.

Presently - on the Natchez Trace

Posts: 3 | Location: LUMBERTON, NJ | Member Since: 07-06-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello to all:
Want to thank you Jack for your info on the clearance lights. The problem was in the switch. The center connection was off and laying amid the wires. Wife has smaller hands then me, so she reconnected it. Working fine now. Still going over the coach. Just a side note, not only other Barth owners will toot but we got a lot of thumbs up from motorcycle guys at different times on our trip home. We wern't sure what to make of that at the time. Do you think they know about Barths too? Will keep in touch to let you know our progress discovering our Barth.

------------------

Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Andy,

Yes it's true. Barths were not built for folks who don't want to be noticed. Barths of any age are the star of the show. Wait till someone walks by a couple of new Monaco's to compliment you on your coach. but I must say, your Regency is...well....Special!

------------------

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited July 11, 2004).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
It's only been a few short weeks since Suzy and I happened upon a rather wierd looking coach called a Barth Euro. It seemed to be what we wanted and the price was right so we bought it on the spot. WOW! We now feel we stole the thing, but we haven't really used it that much yet. Everything works perfectly, and we'll take it on a few shakedown runs before Talledaga in November, but we feel we have found a coach that will last us till we retire, when we plan on a diesel pusher as home sweet home. It's great to hear from other folks just finding out about what Barth really is.

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Gads, some of you people have seen other Barths while out driving??

I have not seen another Barth in the flesh since I bought mine 3 years ago!

I am ready to drive to Lumberton, NJ just so I can wave at Andy!

Good luck on your purchase, Andy...ours has been wonderful.

Not unlike having kids, you know..lots of work with lots of reward.

Posts: 178 | Location: Lancaster, PA USA | Member Since: 07-30-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post