Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Microwave/Convection Oven
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted
My 92 30' Breakaway is missing the manual for our unit. I'm guessing this is microwave on steroids. I have Googled all over the internet with no luck. The lable reads:
Panasonic Micro/Convection Oven
Model NN2959
S/N S99220343
MFG. Sept. 1989
Any help in locating a manual or a copy will be appreciated............

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/12
Picture of ZIM
posted Hide Post
Hello, this link is suppose to have many manuals
for different micros that you can download for free. hope you find yours.

http://www.retrevo.com/samples/Microwave-manuals.html?c...ugmZYCFQOIFQodZ0G07A

ZIM

Posts: 61 | Location: Pennsylvania | Member Since: 06-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Carl, you'll find a bunch of info from whatb others will send, but a convection is MUCH more than a microwave on steroids. We use ours for, just to give a few examples, cooking frozen pizzas on the first night out, baking perfect Grands biscuits for Biscuits and gravy, and pretty much anything else to do with dough, baking or actually cooking rather than just heating. We were lucky in that the Barth manual contained a book regarding the Magic Chef unit, and it's been a great help since we don't have an oven. If you investigate it and learn how to use it you'll like it a lot!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
^^ Agreed with Danny - we LOVE ours. It's a microwave and a regular oven (that's the convection function) all in one.

Carl, I'd suggest checking the Panasonic support website at http://www.panasonic.com/support and e-mailing or calling them to see if that manual is available from them. I tried your model # in the automated search for downloadable manuals, and nothing came up... but they probably have it on file somewhere.

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the leads. Nothing produced any results, not even a similar model. E-mailed and phoned Panasonic, they acknowledge your request but do not get back to you Betty's attitude is "if it works she can learn to master it" Long live my Betty

1992 Barth Breakaway 32'

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Good news... Panasonic came through...The manual was backordered. charged $7.45 plus S/H Now we can cook the Thanksgiving turkey in the Barth.

1992 Barth Breakaway 32'

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Hey..the wife and I were thinking about upgrading our microwave to one of those convection units..how do you like it in comparison to a standard microwave? Are they much larger than a standard microwave?

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kris & Tina Jones:
Hey..the wife and I were thinking about upgrading our microwave to one of those convection units..how do you like it in comparison to a standard microwave? Are they much larger than a standard microwave?

Ours seems to be the same size a standard full size microwave. A little bit of a learning curve to learn to use it but once you do you can eliminate having a conventional oven. Donna does everything in ours down to making toast in the morning.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
Our Panasonic convection microwave looks exactly like a standard microwave. It does need a little more room in the rear, because there will be a venting system for the heat to escape when using the convection feature. We LOVE ours! It's like a combination of a microwave, regular oven, and toaster oven all in one. Very versatile and compact, PERFECT for camping.

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:

I took ours out today. You can have it for a donation to the site. Shipping is on me.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Golly Bill...that is awfull generous of you! Do you not like the unit or does it does it not fit your style? Happy to send a donation for its worth...what do you feel is the value?

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Golly Bill...that is awful generous of you! Do you not like the unit or does it does it not fit your style?

Susan is a traditional cook, and prefers a conventional gas oven, which is going in soon. Discussions on convection ovens end up with two camps, each having fairly strong opinions. The only thing I will say in favor of a convection oven is that they are faster than a conventional oven. I think once you adjust your times and techniques for each recipe and quantity, they can be very good. But, Susan Has Spoken, and her word is law in the kitchen.

Additionally, we sometimes like appetizers late at night which would require neighbor-disturbing generator operation, as we are almost never plugged in. Since a stove with a gas oven in going in, we will lose some storage space under the cooktop. Replacing the convection combo with a small microwave will gain a little storage space above or below it. The biggest pain is gonna be making matching cabinet doors. It also comes with the Sharp manual and two convection cookbooks.

quote:
Happy to send a donation for its worth...what do you feel is the value?

Heck, I dunno. It's a donation, so whatever you think the oven and this forum is worth to you.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you recall how much the unit went for new?

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you recall how much the unit went for new?

No. It came with the coach. Judging from screw holes, the coach was built without it, but the quality of the installation would indicate that it was done by Van's, the outside cabinet shop that did Barth's cabinetry.

Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
If it will help as to size, I measured my Panasonic convection/micro oven.
Long....29 3/4"
High....14 3/4"
Deep....14 1/2"
Seems the retro business is keeping the sizes somewhat standard

1992 Barth Breakaway 32'