Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

coach wiring
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi everyone I have gotten 1970 barth from neighbor
been sitting for 6 years. Door to generator area was left open so been two weeks cleaning out animal waste and several dead animals. I'm wondering are their fuses for coach area and would they be

Posts: 3 | Location: kansas | Member Since: 05-21-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Barthmobile.
Try to find where your shore power enters the coach. This may be out of the generator compartment. Your 120v breaker box should be inside close to this location. (check in a closet) You should find a small fuse panel in that area. Might be in an electrical box enclosure.

A 1970 is one of the older coaches on this forum.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi Doorman
yes the 120v is in closet i'm trying to locate fuses for the 12v that go to the coach area. There is fuses under dash for motor, dash and front heat but can't locate fuses for coach lights. what few were working I knocked out by messing with water pump know have lost all 12v in coach area.

Posts: 3 | Location: kansas | Member Since: 05-21-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Most of my 12 volt coach fuses are also in the closet.

Others are scattered. One or two in the genset compartment, one at the water pump. A couple above the radiator in front.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MJ56
posted Hide Post
Mine is under the couch, next to the 120v panel and transfer switch.

Posts: 84 | Location: NW IN | Member Since: 09-22-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
If you can't find a small automotive type (glass fuse) panel near your 120 v panel. Find your 12 v converter.Might be under a closet floor panel. There might be fuses mounted on top of it.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Mine are under bed on drivers side just in front of wheel well with a door to front of them also found after a year that they can be reached by removing mattress and a large plywood panel. This makes 12 and 110 amp fuses totally accessable.
All who wander are not lost. Smiler

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks every one I will keep cleaning and looking for fuses. It's a big project but hopefully it will be worth it. Will c/d I have heard about have information for this old of vehicle?

Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
In my rig, there is a switch to choose the 120V source, and near that are circuit breakers for the 12V power delivery, I seem to recall. Perhaps you don't have fuses to be found. There are conventional circuit breakers for the 120 VAC power, and pushbutton style 12VDC breakers.

Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 528 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post