Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Spring Freeze
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Dalton
posted
Got the Baby Barth all shined up, insured etc. took it out last weekend April 12 for the weekend to try it out. It was 20c or 68f for most of you. Being new to Rv ing or Barthing as im getting to know, i dewinterized it. Monday as deepfreeze storm blew in and all week it has been -14c or 6.8f . i have a half full wastewater tank Roll Eyes a feww in"of fresh potable a full watertank heater ,i did fire up the waterheater to warm and drained the tank and have put in a heater in the MH . By the way last weekend i started the furnace and bang a loud shotgun like blast, time to take that out too ,,, any suggestions

Posts: 61 | Location: Calgary AB | Member Since: 04-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
Not sure about the furnace noise, but as far as the plumbing system it sounds like you've done what you can. The holding tanks should be okay as long as the fluid inside has room to expand. You've drained the water heater so that's good. A heater inside the MH (depending on how warm it is in there) will probably keep the inside water lines from freezing, but just to be sure you could turn on your water pump and run all/most of the water out the lines. Wait until there's lots of air and not much water coming through the faucets. Running your water pump dry can damage it, but it should be okay for a short period and that's better than all of your water lines exploding. Hopefully the weather will get better for you this week!

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalton
posted Hide Post
Furnace is a Atwood 8531- lV, took it out and took it in to my local RV Servicer let them worry about it, if its toast ebay has a few for less than half i can get locally and that's with shipping. As for the heater, it like a candle in a outhouse. I have a few elbows leeking but the lines look good so far, for being frozen that is. I should no better -- This IS Calgary after all. 4300' above sea level.

Nice Thor there Scott, very nice Dalton

Posts: 61 | Location: Calgary AB | Member Since: 04-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalton
posted Hide Post
Ahh the feel of 30,000 BTU. Got the furnace back and installed tonight. The problem was dirt and sand in the gas valve and the burner. Had to get a New Gas Valve, and there was 2 styrofoam cups of dirt out of the combustion chamber. Confused Anyhow seams to be working Okayyy. Must have been on a beach for awhile!! Now to deal with the plumbing but i dont think things are to bad.