Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

just another wannabee question
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of beeoh
posted
just starting to look at buying a Barth motorhome but have only read about them and not seen one yet. Before I go too far I have a question about the interior headroom. Since I am 6'4" tall, will any models be tall enough for me? Also we live on Vancouver island in Canada and wonder if anyone has a Barth close enough for us to look at? thanks, bob and jan in Canada.

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Barthmobile.com. Boy you're a long one. Jerry Aull of Atlanta is a long guy too and he stretched out on one of my twins when he visited me. I think the ceilings are 7'2". As far as coaches are concerned you are in a hot bed of Barths. Dennis Broderson lives up there in Port Washington. He and his wife Carole are real loners and kind of hard to get along with but they may put up with you for a 5 minute lookypoo..Just kidding, the Brodersons are the best...

------------------

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited June 20, 2005).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of coaster48
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob and Jan
I'm in Sechelt ,B.C. and have been on this site for about 6-8 months. Am also looking to own a Barth and am getting closer to deciding what I want. I was very fortunate to meet a great fellow in Calgary who just bought a 33' tag Barth 454 gasser from Minnesota. When I visited my daughter in Calgary, he was so gracious in showing his new rig to me - 3 1/2 hours later I was so sold on Barths that it has become such an obsession that I can't wait to log on this site to learn more and more!! Hope your enthusiasm for Barths continues!!
I was just talking to Jerry Aull re his barth pusher for sale - didn't realize he was so tall. He has a very, very nice rig for sale but I think I need at least a 32" er for our requirements
Neil

[This message has been edited by coaster48 (edited June 20, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by coaster48 (edited June 20, 2005).]

Posts: 93 | Location: Sechelt,B.C. Canada | Member Since: 03-17-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Dennis is in Port Townsend, WA, we're in Sequim, just down the road from the Port Angeles ferry to Victoria. There's somebody up on the Sunshine Coast who's been here too, but I'm not sure if he's an owner or a wannabee.

Seems to me somebody chimed in years ago from around the mainland Vancouver area, too.

I wonder if Dave has the capacity to generate a list of "dot ca" e-mail addresses on the website. That could help find other folks up there.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Coaster 48 got in while I was typing the previous. He's the Sunshine coast guy.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
I will be in Arlington, Washington for the EAA Fly-in for 4 days in the second week in July. You are welcome to look Carol and me up then. I will be playing for a wedding on the 9th of July during that time and I will be in Seattle for the day. We also plan on going to the steam-up in Lynden,Washington this summer and that is just across the border and would be a quick trip. If you are interested E-mail me and let me know where it is and I will get touch with you. We have a twenty-eight 1986 with twin beds. The length of the beds might be a little short for you as they are the standard lenght.

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
thanks everyone for the welcome and the input. I am planning a motorhome viewing trip south the 2nd. week in july and will try and get in touch with those in wash state. guess I'll also try to find some that are available for sale. bob

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Bear [John] has a 34 tag and he was in Drumheller up until the fall. He and nis wife moved to Nanimo and he told me they were coming back for the Barth this spring. His email was tsaki@telus.net.
George

Posts: 28 | Member Since: 04-19-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
George, thanks for the lead but I emailed BigBear (john) and had it returned as not deliverable. Any ideas? thanks, bob

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
try:

jbriggs@jeffco.k12.co.us

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
tried the second email address and still no luck. Guess I'll still keep looking for a Barth somewhere close to me. thanks for the help so far. bob

<John Briggs>
posted
My e-mail address has changed:
johbri@onechoice.net

Reply With QuoteReport This Post