Barthmobile Portal
Barrett-Jackson

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9331087061/m/8291097822

01-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Shadow man
Barrett-Jackson
Somebody going to take a really nice Barth to the auction and get really big money for it? Somebody just paid $125,000 for a nice 1951 Flx bus conversion. After paying the buyers premium it cost them $137,500 and by the time they pay the sale tax in whatever state they register it in it could end up costing them $150,000 or more unless of course they live in a state with no sales tax. A lot of people haven't heard of a Flx before so it was kind of a novelty item i think.....and since a lot of people don't know about Barths there might be an oppertunity here for somebody if they are willing to gamble on the auction. Big Grin
01-21-2007, 06:48 PM
Gunner
Grand Teton National Park has two Flexible passenger buses; one has a chevy 327 with a Muncie(?) manual trans. These have the 50s "look" including light-green-tint EZE-eye window glass and are VERY distinctive (and pretty) The early Barths are NOT "Pretty" and IMHO not a comparison. The 150k is reasonable for these buses.

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood
01-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Dave Bowers
There is a neato Flxible Clipper, (one of the only motorized vehicles) on Catalina Island for the tour to the hilltop airport. I took that trip with just me Ben Kingsly and his (humf) squeeze.

There is no "e" in Flxible

01-22-2007, 05:04 PM
Danny Z
Saw the rerun a couple weeks back from last year when a 1950 GM "StratoLiner"?? went for 4 million! A huge monstrosity of a thing that looked like it should be on the tracks instead of the road, but it was definately kool in it's own way.

79 Barth Classic
01-22-2007, 06:21 PM
Lee
That might have been the GM Futurliner.....
Great story at: http://www.futurliner.com/
01-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Danny Z
Right you are Lee. Thanks for the link so everyone can see what I was talking about.

79 Barth Classic
01-23-2007, 10:10 PM
stuallen
Just to avoid confusion- The Futurliner restoration covered in the website is not the one sold at Barrett -Jackson last year. The one sold was painted to resemble the authentic Futurliner owned by NATMUS and restored by a volunteer group in Michigan (and some in NC and Virginia). Our Futurliner was a big hit at Amelia Island and Hershey this past year.
Stu Allen