Forums    General Discussions    Getting to know me.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Getting to know me.
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I have always been a person that loves to kid, even strangers, most of my family is the same. Now Sharon's family doesn't, but they learned early on that I mean well, so they fire right back, and we all laugh.

When you read my comments you don't HEAR MY TONE OF VOICE, or SEE MY BODY MOVEMENTS, so one could easily misread my writings. I understand this, and try to add a WINK SMILE FACE or a hehehe, but NEVER have I posted a comment with ANY intent to hurt feelings. IT JUST ISN'T ME. I see things often in a humorous lite and it's hard not to comment, but I just wanted you to know, I LOVE YOU ALL. I kid our Avis customers and have often been asked, ARE YOU ALWAYS IN SUCH A GOOD MOOD? I say MOST OF THE TIME, "I LOVE ALL OUR CUSTOMERS, but, must admitt, SOME MORE THAN OTHERS". I have been in the retail field 45 years and I wouldn't have made it if I weren't happy out going person.

If I have offended a sole, I am TRULY SORRY. Well, maybe not to you ron.

Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I can't believe I read this!!!!!

Dale, oh I mean "Smith Brother" how could YOU upset anyone. You are the life of the party. We love you.

Now me...

I don't like anyone especially all yooose Barth people.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now wait a minnit! Just wait a little while, ..........I'm sure I can work up to being offended'ed here if I study on ot long enough.

:-)

Shoot Dale, if anyone owes apologies to the membership, it's me. I never contribute anything and just rob ideas and tips from the forum at my leisure. Well, I did throw out the M-M thing, but come to find out one of the members (or more if they'd admit it) had been using same for years. :-)

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes ron, I heard bill h. has been using a male/male adapter with 3 male ends sticking out. FIGURES. Why he even is running tag tires that CAME ON HIS COACH. He probably meant, CAME WITH THE COACH WHEN HE BOUGHT IT USED, not from the factory, years ago. Do you think?

Is he the one you were speaking of?

Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I have a 50 amp male to male plug that I used to plug into the old dryer outlet. It works great, I use to power up my whole house during a power outage.

We lost power one night and the wife wanted our kids to be able to watch TV. I came home from a road call to see the generator running with the power cord plugged into the genny and the wife holding the live end. She was wet from starting the generator but luckily was inside the garage when she picked up the cord. The only thing she did right was to turn off the main.

We now have a whole house generator with a 200 amp automatic transfer switch. I still don't think she knows how close she came to me getting a new wife.

Male to male plugs in the wrong hands is an accident waiting to happen.

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Nah, I stayed way the heck out of that ___ to ____ cord thread.

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde, I would characterize it as "the cord that dare not speak its name".

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
How about it, anyone else want to own up to the M-M cord thingy.

When I was converting our 2 car garage over to living space about 4 years ago the electrical inspector glanced over at my cord and told me he was going to keep a special eye out on this job.

Yes, he did.

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
When we first moved into our house we had a kimchi rigged heatilator/collector thing in our downstairs fire place. There were muffin fans in both tubes designed to blow the warm air back into the room. Problem was the muffin fans had a female banana plug and of course the wall plug. This obviously causing problems if one was to plug into the wall first. I hid the cord till winter. Tried it once and it stunk so I cut the cord in half and put it in the trash and the next spring replaced the whole thing with a nice glass door. That was almost 22 years ago and we are just now getting quotes for gas.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Well hey Dave you don't want to just rush into things ya know.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post