Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1984 Barth
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi to all, I just got back from a 2100 mile trip from Arizona, to arrive in Wisconsin, without a problem. I did all the research I could on this forum, and flew out to Arizona on Friday, and 40 long hours later, I arrived home.

This is our first coach, and hopefully our last. I may not have the chassis of choice, or the engine of choice...but I am happy! This coach just glides down the freeway. I got a lot of documentation, and believe it or not, I have an original 1984 brochure, and original electrial drawings.

I am tired, and as this is my first post, I just wanted to let everyone in on my new toy. I'll be back, with plenty of questions, and hopefully some input.

See Ya,
John

1984 35' Regency MCC
8.2 DD, 545 Allison

Posts: 16 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Member Since: 02-08-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
John, welcome to the site. I hope we can help you with your questions. Got a picture of your coach?

It would be really nice if you could scan the 84 brochure for our archives here. Or send it to Dave, and he will copy it and send it back.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Congratulations John. You bought Morrie's 84 MCC Regency didn't you. That is just about the most classic looking Barth Bus there is. I love the south western mural motifs!!
Don
quote:
Originally posted by jrdwyeriii:
Hi to all, I just got back from a 2100 mile trip from Arizona, to arrive in Wisconsin, without a problem. I did all the research I could on this forum, and flew out to Arizona on Friday, and 40 long hours later, I arrived home.

This is our first coach, and hopefully our last. I may not have the chassis of choice, or the engine of choice...but I am happy! This coach just glides down the freeway. I got a lot of documentation, and believe it or not, I have an original 1984 brochure, and original electrial drawings.

I am tired, and as this is my first post, I just wanted to let everyone in on my new toy. I'll be back, with plenty of questions, and hopefully some input.

See Ya,
John

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don,

Yes you are correct. I have heard a lot of references to Morrie, from Betty (who I bought it from), but have yet to talk to Morrie directly. I have had it home for less then a week, so there has been hardly enough time to familiarize myself with everything and/or run into something I don't understand. Time will tell.

John

1984 35' Regency MCC
8.2 DD, 545 Allison

Posts: 16 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Member Since: 02-08-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Congratulation Don,

You should search this website for the MCC chassis and learn as much about it as you can. Your level of happiness with the coach will be equal to you knowledge of this very unique chassis. Most people are absolutely delighted. You just have to have a personal relationship with Motorhome Restoration in Lincoln, IL. They make or supply most of the chassis parts for your coach.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post