Forums    General Discussions    Found a Barth, is it worth it?
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Found a Barth, is it worth it?
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
Oh and Dave, Thanks for the offer on the broucher, but it came with two originals! The gentleman that bought it new kept everything, still has all the manuals to every appliance/piece of equipment in there, even the AM/FM/ 8-track in the dash has an owners manual!

Reed

Posts: 4 | Location: Luray, VA | Member Since: 07-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Dave my 2cents on your brake problem. If one of the rubber hose from the steel line to the caliper is startintg to collapse on the inside it can cause a jump to the other side.

Posts: 63 | Location: Winona Lake, IN | Member Since: 04-18-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Replace the rubber hoses. When they start to collapse from the inside it hold pressure in the line and causes the brakes to pull. Good luck.

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hey Dave, I'm somewhat of an optimist, with a good dose of realist balancing things out, so I wouldn't say I'm not going to have any problems. On the other hand, I feel I've bought a well maintained and exceptionally well built coach, and with proper care and maintainence I should expect plenty of good times. We'll start with some local jaunts of 50 to 100 miles and shake down what needs it in time to be ready for Talledaga in November. As far as being a "mans man", I can only say that back in the early 70's Suzy and I would take off in the 66 Ford Falcon "Conversion Van", and we always made it home. We've done it in a bunch of different vehicles since, and we'll do it in the Euro for the forseeable future.

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I agree and thank you for your positive comments. We took it out this last weekend and had a wonderful time. We may not be able to have any extended trips this year. But watch out in 2005.

Thanks again Danny

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Joan T>
posted
Hi, I'm new to your web page and chat.
I have a 1977 Clas C 22' Barth with a green stripe that was $6000 from a dealer in Port Orchard, WA and it only had 32,000 original miles. The dealer thought that was 132,000 miles-what a dope-I had to do a little work on it and put in a new generator but it is really worth every penney. I have found that my Barth doesn't blend and people are always comenting on it at the campgrounds. She runs like a top and I just love it. I now have 58,000 miles on my Barth, Nickname "Bart", and I have loved every minute of it.

I think that if you didn't buy this motor home you are crazy and I'm sure that if you did you will have many days of fun on the road with it. :-)Joan T

PS. just a note that if you need to put on overload springs or just helpers to old springs I now just the ones that you should use. They are called Spring Savers. They are the only ones that will not destroy the original springs and are designed to work with the coaches springs. They are manufactured on Whidbey Island, WA by Thad Taylor Phone # 360-730-1247. They really work. My sister has them on her motor home and I have them and they really work very well.

quote:
Originally posted by findreed:
I found a 1976 Barth with 65K miles, 350 Chevy, 22' (Class C??? Chevy Van type front end) In great to excelent condition. All paper work, Still has the original plastic covering the original carpet! The couch/bed cushions look new! Everything from the generator to the Roof air works great, don't think the oven was ever used! The original owner sold it last December, the man that has it now is moving out of state and can't take it with him. Drives/runs like new! So...Is it worth $6000???

Thank you in advance, Reed

------------------
Joan T

Reply With QuoteReport This Post