Forums    General Discussions    Should there be a Barth wanted section??
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Should there be a Barth wanted section??
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
Every time I am on here there are many 'guests' checking this neat site out!
OK I don't have a Barth Frowner
But I want a Barth and maybe the one that I am looking for (at the price I want to pay Wink) is here...but there is no straight forward way of having others know what I desire!!
So: Should there be a Section for us wannabes
who are looking?
Maybe all your 'guests' are looking also...they could join and post their dream.....

Comments from everybody!!!

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2589 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
When Doug originally proposed this idea to me in a PM, I suggested that he post it here for additional comments.
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Smiley:
Comments from everybody!!!
This is an interesting question. I noticed that another member placed a "Coach Wanted" type of post in the forum...

Swap Meet Central
A place to look for stuff you need and a place to get rid of the stuff you don't need. You may also request item that you're looking for.

I believe that area was originally intended for items smaller than an entire coach. I don't see why that forum shouldn't be the place to put in a request for a coach too.

Does anyone else have a suggestion? The more suggestions, the better. I'm more than willing to open up another forum if you think it'll get use.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
I'm more than willing to open up another forum if you think it'll get use.

There's the key... "get use". I kinda doubt that a WTB (Wanted to Buy) section would get that much activity here. Maybe a few threads here and there, but not something that cannot already be appropriately posted here in General Discussions or Swap Meet Central. If someone already on the forum has a Barth up for grabs, I'm sure it will end up in Barth Coaches For Sale.

I'd just warn against having too many ultra-specific sections of the forum. It gets confusing. I have seen (and am a part of) some forums that go a little nuts with the sheer number of subforums. Keep it simple is my recommendation. Smiler

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
I know that there are lots of Barths for sale that are not listed on the Barth for sale section on this site, and there are many "guests" who use this site who have not yet joined Wink... (so if your are a guest and are reading this then you should join--its free!!!!)
So I was thinking that a Barth Wanted section would be noticed by others ie 'guests' than just the few who are selling their Barth on here {would this help get a better rating in the Google search engine ad-words?].

Isn't there an old joke about being Thor
without a Barth?

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2589 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
quote:
Isn't there an old joke about being Thor
without a Barth?

I think you just made it up. Wink

Sounds like what we need to do is reach out to the owners of Barths for Sale (maybe e-mail them through RVtrader.com or wherever you find the coach listed) and encourage them to join here and post up. They are probably not members here because they don't know about the forums, and adding another section wouldn't change that fact.

The forums will appear closer to the top on Google depending on users' searches and increasing forum traffic. Unfortunately adding new sections won't help in that regard.

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post