Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

shake down
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Just finished getting the barth ready . Going to Daytona. for a week of warm weather I hope. Taking the Harley's in a trailer. I sure hope when I get back the Snow is all gone. I hate snow, and cold weather.We've worked on the barth all winter making sure everything works. The only thing that annoys me is the water pump It's loud going to have to move it to a different location. Interior is refurbished No more holes in the walls . repaired all the electronics , even recovered a few panels . Wired it for trailer brakes , installed a working CB Too much to list now. I love my barth. I could have sold it two or three times sitting here in the drive way . NOT FOR SALE/ well wish me luck Lancer

Posts: 25 | Location: Belle Vernon Pa. | Member Since: 11-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lancer:
The only thing that annoys me is the water pump It's loud going to have to move it to a different location. Lancer

Here is a link to read before you move your pump:

https://www.barthmobile.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000804.html

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will not make a comment about Harleys on a trailer. :-)

Have fun at Daytona. Post some pics from Main if you can get one that doesn't show....errrr, you know. :-)

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now, now, Lancer, there are some of us who just love the white stuff! Just got back from x-country skiing a few minutes ago! The forecast is calling for 1-3" tonight...Great!!!

Our restoration is progressing, even though the garage is a pretty cold place to be. We got really daring yesterday, and actually took it out of the garage and DROVE IT ON THE STREET FOR 1 MILE! (The local police didn't even stop us!) It now has brakes, so we got up the nerve. The engine actually sounds great. We think that this unit hasn't been driven for several years, so didn't quite know what to expect. We're pleasantly surprised!

We've decided to paint our interior cabinets. I stripped one, but the results were disappointing. We want to keep this unit bright and cheery, and this should help. The cabinets look like they have been rubbed with mud right now!

Oldhouse - 1973 Barth 25 Limited

Posts: 20 | Location: Okauchee, Wisconsin 53069 | Member Since: 12-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Perhaps I'm not up to snuff on the luxury scale but I like to be able to hear the pump so I know if I'm out of water or something is running. When we're at the track water and holding tank space is at a premium and I want to konw right away if somethings not right. At the State Parks we're hooked up to water anyway and the pump doesn't run. Just my humble opinion.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Zeeff:
Perhaps I'm not up to snuff on the luxury scale but I like to be able to hear the pump so I know if I'm out of water or something is running. When we're at the track water and holding tank space is at a premium and I want to konw right away if somethings not right. At the State Parks we're hooked up to water anyway and the pump doesn't run. Just my humble opinion.

Danny, I agree with you on monitoring pump operation, but even with the quiet pump, our LED reading lights dim enough to let us know when the pump cycles.

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited February 27, 2005).]

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're back. excellant trip no trouble at all 10mpg pulling my 14ft enclosed trailer with 3 Harleys inside . What I don't understand is why the bathroom sink goes into the black water tank? Boy it filled up quick. The water pump worked Ok I kind of got used to the noise. Yes you are right about having a water leak and hearing the pump run. Now I have to clean the salt and slop off of her. The vacation was too short though. At least we missed the snow here. I lied. A side door lock rotted off and we didn't have a spare I 'll have to dind one or twoto keep on stock Bill

Posts: 25 | Location: Belle Vernon Pa. | Member Since: 11-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
10 mpg? That's great! How fast were you going? Does your Barth have the Chevy 454 with the 3-speed hydro-matic? I haven't bought my first Barth yet but I'm looking.
Jim

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lancer:
.... What I don't understand is why the bathroom sink goes into the black water tank? Boy it filled up quick. ...

The black tank needs lots of water to flush out properly. The sink adds the necessary water.

Posts: 138 | Location: Hayden Lake (Coeur d'Alene), ID USA | Member Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
"Originally posted by lancer:
.... What I don't understand is why the bathroom sink goes into the black water tank? Boy it filled up quick. ..."

Don't all men pee in the sink?

------------------
"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
re: the bathroom sink - perhaps your tanks are configured in such a way that it was impractical to drain the bathroom sink into the gray water tank. My former s.o.b. was that way, everything but the galley sink went to black.

Our Barth, with rear bath, has both tanks underneath in the rear, with the shower dumping directly into the gray water tank, the toilet to the black water.

Come to think of it, I'll have to trace the drainage of the galley sink. Never looked for it before, and it's a long ways forward from the gray water tank.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gunner:

Don't all men pee in the sink?

Never thought of that.

I had a Prowler that had the shower drain into the black tank.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..................

Maybe..........

She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Lana and I travel to places where standing up is more than just a good idea. In an effort to offer some practical information I am submitting the following.

http://www.travelmateinfo.com/page002.html

Or a search for "a woman's guide to peeing standing up" will also offer a way we all can use the sink.

Tim and Lana

Posts: 282 | Location: Studio City, California | Member Since: 02-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
That's wierd Tim,

On our coach the black is in the rear and the gray is under the kitchen...(I hate that). The toilet and bath sink and shower go to black and the kitchen only goes to the gray.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
Tim, good link. Thank you. Susan has ordered one. We hike, 4WD and explore a lot and she will love it. Women seem to feel especially vulnerable to rattlesnakes when squatting. I have to do site clearance, then perimeter patrol every time. The dog is snake trained, but no, I gotta do the Army thing every time.

Heck, maybe I can get her to go behind a bush instead of in the Barth. That would mean less paper in the tank when boondocking. Our record so far is 3 1/2 or four weeks on the black tank.