Tools
Reply To This Topic

Movies
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted
I have been having fun making these little movies/videos, but I just received an email from someone who when they click on them only get the images and not the music and such.

Is anyone else having this problem.

Click below to see..

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
Works fine for me... the video opens in a new window and may take some time to load depending on the clicker's connection.

Nice compilation btw, and I love the music! A great overview of Barths, although if you're making any changes I'd suggest adding a little more display time for some of the longer text pages. It's hard for a slow reader like me to get through all the info before the slide changes. There is also about 90 seconds of black screen from 5:52 - the end (while the song finishes), but you probably already knew that. Wink

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scottydl:
...although if you're making any changes I'd suggest adding a little more display time for some of the longer text pages.
It works fine for me too. I would like to second the longer pause between frames. Is there an option for you to add a "pause button" on your movies?

It's not so much the slow reading part, I'm trying to take in the beauty of the slide and read at the same time.

To put it another way...
It's like walking into something when a beautiful lady walks past you. Everything else is just a blur. Big Grin

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Raymag
posted Hide Post
Works fine for me, both sound and video. I'm using the Firefox browser. I second the need for a longer pause.

Real

1991 Breakaway 30Ft
5.9L Cummins Diesel
Spartan Frame
4 Speed Allison Model 542
Front Entrance
Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension

Posts: 126 | Location: Shefford, QC Canada | Member Since: 08-02-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Dave,
What the others said.
I did note that if you advance the links you start getting just the original pictures and stuff like the fraud alert thingy for paypal without sound. Maybe that is what is happening for some?

mike foster
83-35' regency 8.2 detroit towing 98 cherokee classic 4x4

Posts: 149 | Location: earlham,iowa-usa | Member Since: 01-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
I only had one complaint, but you all are so nice I wouldn't be surprized if more were having a problem and didn't want to offend me.

Some time ago a prominent and important (all are important) member of the site ordered a CD. Some how it slipped through the crack and he never said anything for almost a year.. Don't let me off easy.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Works fine for me and thank you very much.

Jim

Posts: 41 | Location: Ashby, Massachusetts | Member Since: 06-16-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave,

Another great production! We will have to start calling you Dave Spielberg! One thing I did notice is that at a out 5:50:00, there was no picture but the sound continued, which by the way was a good oldie (artist?).

Thanks, Dave. Keep up the excellent work.

John

Posts: 28 | Location: So. California | Member Since: 10-29-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Yes, I got better at that, learning how to fade the music out or to stretch the images.

I am thankful that some of you said I could ad a few seconds to each image. that is good news because that equals more music.