Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Rain leaks
 Login now/Join our community

The Old Man and No Barth
posted
It rained buckets in the Yuma Foothills last night. It may be a "dry" heat, but, believe me, it ain't no "dry" rain. And don't tell me Barths don't leak. Around 10:00 PM, I started putting out dishes, bowls, etc. Naturally, the drips were all in places without a flat surface to put a container on. All up front, probably where the horns, spotlight, and TV antenna penetrate the roof, but possibly bad rivets too. The rivets down both sides of the front cap have been replaced, so maybe the top is bad, too.

Another sign of neglected maintenance, and let this be a warning to those of you who bore holes in the roof. Now, I also know the "mysterious" source of water that ruined the back-up camera monitor.

Off later this morning to have the fuel tank dropped to find the source of gas running down the sides of it. and stinking up the interior. Pray that I can afford the bill.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have the top marker lights, check the mounting penetrations on those. Mine had been de-riveted and self-threading screws used to re-mount them. Nice trickle right down the inside of the windshield.

Bummer about all the little things. You know you can solve the problem with a little TLC.
"This too shall pass".

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post