Forums    General Discussions    Help!!!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Help!!!
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of ryegal
posted
I have 2 inquiries #1 what kind of polish do I use on my 1975 barth? it is very dingy. #2 I may have a water leak in the tank under my frige.How do we get that tank out? I'm going to the rally in Ore,and dry camping I need that water.Even the guy at the repair shop is stumped. Please post.Thanks ryegal

------------------

Posts: 94 | Location: Seattle,wa,usa | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
It would be kind of hard for that tank to actually leak they are pretty bomb proof. Have you check all of the hoses out of the tank, that would be your most likely point of leak. Are you sure it isn't the drain hose from the frig which may be causing the water. In my case I don't have a tank under the frig, I have two tanks under the passenger side twin bed. However, I have had water down there when we first bought the coach and it was that the fridge drain hose was clogged.

As far as polishing is concerned. In the last five years I have only polished, and buffed, the coach once and now I wash it with that Mothers wash stuff with the polish in it. It works extremely well at shinning it up.

This photo shortly after washing the coach with Mothers

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Regarding polish I can offer the following. If it has not been polished for some time, like years then a liquid cleaner will probably NOT do. I would try as a test in an out of the way spot some RED rubbing compound. You might try the WHITE which is a less aggresive compound too. Then a liquid cleaner and then polish. You probably need to get off the film that has attached itself to the paint, and the UV's have probably embedded such so some elbow grease will be needed.

I wish you well.

Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post