Forums    General Discussions    floor work, tires....
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

floor work, tires....
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted
It seems there is a leak. I haven't found it with certainty. It might have been from a window. I installed this window in 2008, so I have only myself to blame.

There is evidence of water on one of the wood paneling walls, near the floor. This is below a window. I don't think the hole for the AC unit would be the source. I am sure of a leak on one of the 14" by 14" roof vents, and I already have purchased a replacement.

The replacement didn't go in yet, I ripped up a section of floor, roughly 1' x 4' had absorbed water badly. I ripped up some by hand, it had turned to sponge. I put in a new section of plywood, 2' by 5', and underlayment.

I have also noted that one of the studs coming down to hold up the black water tank has pulled out. The other end of the stud is buried under the white water tank. That is build in to the cabinetry. It doesn't look like I have access to the mount point for now. I'll have to come up with an alternate support, at least until I win powerball and do my "frame off restoration".

I mounted the new tires on the rear today. That made me happy.

"Can you fix it faster than it falls apart?". I think I was told that by a wise man in this group.

Happy motoring!
Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 526 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
The repairs are neverending Mechanic

In-between the repairs , we get to get out on the road and enjoy them Smiler.

Happy Motoring Tooling Along

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 625 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post