Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Another new owner
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know of another source on these Bargman locks? $249 for a rebuilt lock and $149 for the rebuild kit seems a little steep...but that may be a case of supply and demand.

My lock is hanging down again (last year I replaced the springs) so I was thinking about getting another one...

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
The market is full of opportunists charging a mint because they think they can get it. When mine fails, I am putting metal plates over the hole and installing another type lock. Probably a Chinese cheapie. All it has to do is keep the dog and cat in.

I already depend on a double cylinder deadbolt for security.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post

L-300 Bargman Flush Mount Lock

Flush-mount lock requiring a 4-5/8" x 4-7/8" opening in a 1-3/8" to 2" thick door. Plate measures 5-1/4" x 5-3/8" outside and 5-1/4" x 5-7/16" inside. Inside handle projects 1-21/32"(long lock pull) or 1-1/4" (short lock pull). Recessed outside handle. The locking mechanism is actuated with outside key or inside safety catch.

You can find them on Ebay - this link will take you to 9 of them
http://www.ebay.com/dsc/i.html...sc=1#ptm270838293519

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoshS
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply's about the door handle. I also was/am going to just replace with something else that does not cost so much. But if I come across one somebody has laying around and has no need for it. And also willing to get rid of it for a reasonable amount then I will jump on it. But it is still just a door knob so I am not going to spend a lot of money on it.

Posts: 90 | Location: Belfair, WA | Member Since: 10-16-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/10
Picture of Reado
posted Hide Post
Well, well...I originally was willing to just give my old Bargman away to a fellow Barther but lo and behold ..it's worth actual money!! hmmm. what to do..
So here's the deal JoshS. You can have my old door fixture for the cost of shipping but I'm afraid I have to get $500 for the door striker plate.Let me know ...Read

Posts: 60 | Location: Agassiz, BC Canada | Member Since: 07-19-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoshS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reado:
Well, well...I originally was willing to just give my old Bargman away to a fellow Barther but lo and behold ..it's worth actual money!! hmmm. what to do..
So here's the deal JoshS. You can have my old door fixture for the cost of shipping but I'm afraid I have to get $500 for the door striker plate.Let me know ...Read

That is what I was really hoping what you were thinking. I figured if I had a part/piece that I do not need anymore then I would give it to somebody who can use it and save a few bucks since it is only collecting dust with me. I figured this would be the best place to do that. Barths helping barths...Right

Posts: 90 | Location: Belfair, WA | Member Since: 10-16-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/10
Picture of Reado
posted Hide Post
JoshS..I'll put the Bargeman in the mail. If you would send me the shipping by Postal Money all will be good!
Read

Posts: 60 | Location: Agassiz, BC Canada | Member Since: 07-19-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoshS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reado:
JoshS..I'll put the Bargeman in the mail. If you would send me the shipping by Postal Money all will be good!
Read

Send me a PM with your mailing address and I will get it out to you asap. Thank You!!!!