Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth Guitar
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted
Hey Dave, there is a Barth electric guitar on Ebay. From the 50s,(your era!)in mint shape. Now wouldn't that be just the thing to have when your sittin around the campfire. Plug the Barth into the Barth Regal and let loose!
Don

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Find out who wound up with that Barth Zither a while back and we'll have a jam session goin on!

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sorry but in case you forgot...dave said the guitar he got at christmas was the last one in his lifetime!! too bad for dave!! that would be a nice combo though...next he will want us to buy it for him!!

Posts: 37 | Location: alto pass il | Member Since: 01-18-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Well not to confuse the issue but I took the Strat (Stratocaster) back. For those into guitars, it just didn't have the "warmth" I was looking for. I'll be looking at an Epiphone Dot semi-hollow body tomorrow.

Yes I have seen the Barth guitars on there. I think they were probably a pretty low end guitar, of course, I wouldn't have one in my Barth. Only great guitars will enter the Barthmobile.

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited January 31, 2005).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
If you're goimg to a dealer for that Dot, check out a Joe Pass while you're there. Personally I'm holding out for a Gretch but every Chet Atkins Nashville or Tennessean winds up going for2 grand or better and I can't justify that kind of money. My Alvarez Elegance acoustic will have to do for now.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Good idea Danny, but remember I'm a rocker too so I need a non-feedbacking Semi-hollowbody so I will sound sweet when my buddy and Barth wannabee Jerry from Atlanta and I groove on Bluesette or when I am screamin' blues at the Saloon in Minneapolis. Or I jam with my classic country group on Saturday mornings. A Gibson ES-335 is the perfect guitar for $1900.00 which I don't have to spend so it will be the Epi Dot which is pretty much the same thing.

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited January 31, 2005).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
That's one purty axe Dave! I always figured if you could really tell a difference between a Gib and a well set up Epi you're a lot more advanced than I'll ever be. Like everything in life [including Barths] it's what YOU like and what feels good to YOU.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
so now you're really going to think I am crazy. I went to finalize the DOT and realized that sucker weighed a ton. I play 4 hours at a time with my country guys so I fell in love with a PRS Santana.

Nice warm tones for jazz and standards and blowes the roof off with Chicago jazz.

posted Hide Post
very nice looking dave...will this be your finale one now?? i think most musicians are crazy..the ones that are not own a barth rv and the rest have the barth guitar...

Posts: 37 | Location: alto pass il | Member Since: 01-18-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I've played most of them at one time or another but never a Paul Reed Smith. Looks like a wide neck and a beautiful sunburst finish. Our lead player used to play a Les Paul from 9 to 2 five nights a week not including practices. I could barely pick the thing up! I'll poke around and see if any of the local shops have a PRS for me to try. Are you getting the tremolo bar? I never got in to them but I don't do much lead stuff. Good luck with this one and keep us posted.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hey Roy,

I still want an arch top. You know one of those big abused Gibson archtops.

If the lottery comes by way or everyone starts to make printed circuit boards in the US again. I will own one.

Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Danny, you must have been posting at the same time I was. The PRS line is all custom made and starts at around $2800.00. The PRS SE is a separate division built to PRS spec. but v overseas. Thus the sub $1K price tag.

Danny and Roy, I have never played a guitar with such richness and power. Do you listen to Larry Carlton? Same driven and pure tone. Sounds like I am critiquing wine doesn't it? Plus the neck is the lowest action I have ever played with out buzz.

posted Hide Post
You SURE are having fun, and you know what I say? "FUN IS GOOD" Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dave is that another one of your guitars pictured there..i am just a rhythm guitar player and more of a drummer..really havent gotten into elec lead playing guitars..i'll leave that up to you..no havent heard of larry carlton..what is his style? putting some songs together for you to listen to..please e-mail me your po box address..walterhawk@ixpres.com thanks and happy picking!!

------------------
living in beautiful southern illinois
77-21' p-30 454

posted Hide Post
Dave If you ever get back here in Washington State you are welcome to set in with our band. Check out a picture of our band from our web site. www.thetempos.com I use our Barth as a band bus with the stand boxes on the back bumper. One time I pulled into this fancy joint and asked where I should park, the guy said "a long ways away. I guess that he didn't realize that he was looking at a classic. I'm thinking about looking for a spare tire cover like yours and putting our logo on it if I can talk Carol into it.

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post