Forums    General Discussions    Barth cups?
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth cups?
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of DougZ
posted
Rather than hijack another thread I thought I would start a new one with the idea of getting Barth cups. Tervis tumbler is a local company and they make the best cups in the world. They are guaranteed for life. I am attaching a link for people to look at their product. If there was enough interest AND if we could use the Barth logo, we could probably get a discount on a larger order. Just a thought.

CUPS

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I thought the same thing Doug. Patches make the best decor for Tervis Tumblers. Can we get any 3" or so patches anywhere? I can get the glasses made up no problem if we can get something to put in them. TT's are a 2 piece glass that the logo goes between the inside wall and the outside wall. I have Nascar, Talladega, and a bunch of others that we've had made up. If you have the insert, they don't ask questions.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Danny Doug Z

How about the first batch ordered say

BARTH

4th. Annual
Hillsborough Park GTG

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I like it. Perhaps our resident graphic artist can come up with something about 3x4 along these lines. How bout it SD?

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Danny, check this site out. With some artwork we might be able to come up with a really cool patch for the cups.

Patches

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Good find bro, an order of 200 nice patches would be about 2 bucks each, and I don't see a problem with moving that many, and they'd be perfect for the TTs. Let's see what Stinky says about the artwork. I'd like to see Barthmobile on something, but it would probably have to be another order.
This has nothing to do with the GTG cup idea, which I still like.

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of Curtis H.
posted Hide Post
Those look nice, but I'd really like to get something more like what BillNY posted.

quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches but to reveal to him his own." Benjamin Disraeli

Posts: 99 | Location: Rochester, MI | Member Since: 10-08-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Curtis, Danny & I have lived in Florida too long. We automatically think of insulated cups to keep our beer beverage cold in this heat. We also like something that bounces when it hits the pool deck. Wink

W4JDZ

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
I can whip up some art, no problem. I'm playing around with etching some Barth art on glasses for Nick now.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I have a friend with a proffesional embroidery machine and she says she can make up some patches for Tervis tumblers, and we also have a friend that works at TT, so as soon as I have prices I'll post a pic or two and see what you guys think. This won't be a minimum amount thing at all, I can get 2 or a hundred, and I can get any style tumbler.
The first run will be the Globe Logo on one side and BARTHMOBILE
4th Annual Florida GTG
December 2010
on the other. Of course, you can get just the logo. I'll have more info in a couple days.

79 Barth Classic

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
I have a friend with a proffesional embroidery machine

Does she do hats?

I have been thinking of a black baseball cap with BARTH (perhaps in the Barth script) in big letters, with "custom coaches" underneath in smaller block letters.

Or, perhaps just a patch that could be sewn on the hat of choice by us. Or on the chest of a windbreaker, or something else.

Yeah, that's it, just ask her about patches like that.

Those who are annoyed by the itty bitty one-size-fits-some caps can get larger caps from Gemplers.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
bill, I don't think she has cap capability, but I'll talk to her tommorow and find out. At the very least, I'll have her make up a couple patches for you with what you want. PM me with a snail-mail address and I'll get them to you asap. Probably won't be for a couple weeks though.

79 Barth Classic

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
bill, I don't think she has cap capability, but I'll talk to her tommorow and find out.

Actually, patches are probably a better idea, anyway.

No hurry on this at all. Let me get with Susan and she can probably come up with a nice design. Maybe it will be so nice that your embroidery lady can sell them to other Barth owners.

Does she have standard sizes of patches she works with?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does she have standard sizes of patches she works with?

Not really, her machine just makes what she programs into it. I can't explain it but it's some sort of magic. She can scan a picture and it will embroider it monochrome with one dark thread.
Any size patch or design is a piece of cake. 17 grand buys a lot of sewing machine.

79 Barth Classic

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Well, I had a rude awakening to the modern world according to Tervis Tumblers. Until recently we could have anything just plopped into a glass. Well now they have to have a sample for toxicity testing, then do a copyright search on any logos, etc etc. So the patch thing is still in the works but the Tervis thing is probably a no-go. Sorry about that.

79 Barth Classic