Forums    General Discussions    can one take too many precautions in a barth?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

can one take too many precautions in a barth?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I don't think so!I had professionally installed a low air pressure alarm as I deem it necessary now matter where in the world you are!I also had an overheat and oil pressure alarm installed.Luckily I had both installed on my diesel powered pocket cruiser,saving my engine,once the oil filter blew a gasket,the other my cooling water from the keel cooler,due to broken impeller.Sure I have gauges on barth (obstructed) most of the time due to my stature and steering wheel.l also have gauges on my boat fortunately,i heard the two malfunctions while I was fishing.air planes have many gauges and probably as many alarms.I am looking to install an engine guard in case I bottom out on our unpredictable roads.granted I could run an empty fridge an empty 60 gallon propane tanks,run my diesel low,get rid of my 6.5 khoeler gen.Run interior and cargo bins empty empty.wonder how much weight our fore fathers at barth saved us by giving us an aluminuim rib and skin configuration.(riveted)In that case I should look for a volkswaggen camper.I see they they made them more areo dynamic.Wally 34ft barth monarch 8.3 turbo 300hp Cummings diesel 6 speed Allison transmission on sparton chassis with a 60 gallon propane tank feeding a 6.5 khoeler gen.auto levelers-Wally van isle

Posts: 191 | Location: vancouver island bc | Member Since: 01-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
You were prudent to install those alarms. mechanic
Were you prudent and contact Spartan?
hmm

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post