Tools
Reply To This Topic

Covers
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted
Want to buy a cover for the Barth. It stays in Tennessee most of the time. Any advice?

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
These covers are some of the best around, but are not inexpensive. I have a semi-custom cover from them and have used it for three years. I does a very good job, doesn't scratch the coach and breathes to relieve moisture. The door is matched to my Regency and is very useful for getting in and out during the winter.

"Calmark covers", here is their website: http://www.calmarkcovers.com/

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
I've read on other RV forums that motorhome covers are not a good idea in general. They move around when the wind blows, hold in moisture, and can leave markings or other damage on the surface and roof. I'm sure some of those problems can be avoided with a higher-quality cover as Bill G mentioned, just depends on where you want to spend you money. Wink

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Another option may be window covers. Mine are made of a special fabric that allows a surprising amount of light in yet cuts the UV rays way down. They snap on and off in minutes, and I clean them with awning cleaner a couple times a year. Unfortunately, they came with the coach so I have no idea where they came from.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post