Forums    General Discussions    Need more information Please?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Need more information Please?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I just bought a 1988 Barth on a P-30 chassis. It was registered as a Chevy when I bought it. It was fabicated for use as a Moblie Breast Lab for a local hospital. On the paperwork given to me I found the following data: Coach 8801/3505/33TS4. Also I how do you measure the lenght? And last, How can I tell if it is a Regal, Regal SE, Or a Regancy. It does not have a bathroom and I will have to change the floor plan, Please send copies of other plans in use I believe this is a 33', any idael what it is worth? Thanks Dave (Aiken,SC)

------------------

Posts: 8 | Location: Jackson, SC,USA | Member Since: 08-29-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
The 33T designation probably means it's 33'. With a Chev, with an RV interior, it would be a Regal. Built as a mobile medical lab., I doubt if the Regal/Regency designation means anything.

The designated length is the length of the coach without the bumpers.

NADA book on a 1988 33' Regal SE is $19,370 low, and $23,340 high. The best of the market for several years has been about 90% of low book.
These values wouldn't apply to a rig built for any other purpose.

An RV is an object to be enjoyed, not an investment. What it's worth is what it means to you. That conclusion comes from owning a number of boats and RVs over the years, all of which were money pits of one kind or another.

IMHO, if you can install an interior of equal quality to the original Barths for a total investment somewhere in the NADA price range, you've done OK - but that's just one man's opinion.

Dave Bowers can correct me if I'm wrong on any of these facts, and he has brochures that show floor plans for 33 footers, and others.

[This message has been edited by olroy (edited November 12, 2004).]

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Olroy, for your help. I plan on trying to redo the inside close to that of the original one. I was thinking I made a good purchase and now I feel I did. It only has 53,000 miles on the 454 and paid $6000. The out side is in great shape but could use a paint job. Thanks again.

Posts: 8 | Location: Jackson, SC,USA | Member Since: 08-29-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post