Tools
Reply To This Topic

I think I'll go
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
Got the Euro fueled up and ready, new batteries yesterday and all set except the fridge, so I think we'll just get the heck out of here for this one. Probably head toward Atlanta and see which way to go. If the storm goes east we'll head to Wind Creek in Alex City Ala. If it stays out in the gulf we'll head for the east coast and work our way back home. I'm not mobile computerize so cell phone will have to do.
941-544-4608 Stay safe fellow Fla. folks

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HankWadley
posted Hide Post
If you're still at Wind Creek...run! Ivan is after you now. We live about 60 miles north of Wind Creek on the Logan Martin Lake in Pell City and we're loadin' the Barth now. Expecting some serious flooding and much damage from Ivan. He can have the house but he's not getting my Barth...we're outta here!

Posts: 58 | Location: Pell City, Alabama, USA | Member Since: 04-12-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
Where are you going to Hank?

------------------
Jay&Shelby 95 Regency 34ft. 300 hp.

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We wound up staying close to home and now we're home in Venice and glad of it. Looks like central Alabama is going to get hit pretty hard. Sure hope it doesn't hurt Talledega to much. The race is less than three weeks away. We'll stay at Wind Creek on the way up and at the track for the weekend. Good luck to all our Bama and Georgia friends, and stay safe!!

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HankWadley
posted Hide Post
Jay & Shelby, Sorry for the long delay in my response...when I posted that we were leaving Debbie was yelling at me to "MOVE IT!". We didn't know where we were going, wound up at a nice little Passport park in Corinth, MS. Only had 2 or 3 inches of rain and mild winds. Had to back-road it all the way 'cause the interstates were reported clogged. It was a nice blue road trip, all things considered.

Danny,
Sorry I'll be away while you're at the races (I'm hosting the Nashville Rally), since I live only about ten miles from the track. I know of at least one other Barth that will be there, so keep a sharp eye open!

Hank

Posts: 58 | Location: Pell City, Alabama, USA | Member Since: 04-12-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of flashnyellow
posted Hide Post
Danny,
Hopefully my Barth and myself will be in Talladega for the race. This will be my first long trip with it. We will be staying in West Park A. We plan on getting there Wednesday 9/29 evening.

------------------
Ronnie
1985 28' P-30 454

Posts: 61 | Location: Lafayette, LA USA | Member Since: 12-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Ronnie, not sure what westpark A is but if it's the family campgrounds reserved $75 sites then you are in the same area as us. Just outside turn 3 our site is A107-A108. Hope to see you there.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Picture of flashnyellow
posted Hide Post
Danny,
We are staying at different areas. West Park A is outside turn 4 towards the trioval. When do you plan on getting there?

------------------
Ronnie
1985 28' P-30 454

Posts: 61 | Location: Lafayette, LA USA | Member Since: 12-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Ronnie, I misspoke before. Our site is outside turn 2. We'll get there Friday about noon and leave early Monday am.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28