Barthmobile Portal
Cross-country journey for new Barth owner

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9331087061/m/7421039061

06-27-2005, 01:39 AM
cdohm
Cross-country journey for new Barth owner
I just completed my first Barth adventure: A 2000 mile trip from Rogue River, OR to Columbia, MO. My buddy and I flew out to Oregon to purchase a 1973 22' that I found on this site. Bruce, the seller, and his family were fantastic, providing wonderful hospitality (tacos, beer and bisquits and gravy in the morning!) and helped us prepare for our 4-day journey. We had no mechanical problems whatsoever- only a few minor issues you would expect in a 32 year old vehicle. In fact the worst problem of the whole trip was losing that $100 in Reno on the only night we didn't camp! Anyway, I have lots of ideas for updating this coach and I am happy to be among all of you lucky Barth owners. Thanks for providing this site Dave!
06-27-2005, 02:00 AM
walterhawk
welcome..roy here..about 6 hrs away..near carbondale il..1977 21' 454..sounds like u had a great trip..send pics when u can

------------------
living in beautiful southern illinois
77-21' p-30 454
check out my music link
www.artistblast.com/music/walter roy hawk

[This message has been edited by walterhawk (edited June 26, 2005).]
06-27-2005, 02:45 AM
cdohm

06-27-2005, 03:19 AM
Dennis
Looks like a great rig. From the picture it looks like it has a hump back. My 22 footer 1972 is straight down. Have fun with your Barth. Carol and I have sure enjoyed our Barths amd this web site. Dennis
06-27-2005, 04:39 PM
Danny Z
That's one fine looking coach. While at Homestead this spring a fella in a 7 figure DP told me that the older well made coaches are the next big thing in the collector-restoration-investment market, and as we all know, Barths are in the elite category when it comes to these coaches. Congrats and keep us informed.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28
06-28-2005, 12:45 AM
cdohm
Thanks for the welcoming words everyone! I'm hoping that purchasing such a vintage machine is not a mistake, being as I'm a complete novice in the mechanical department. I am definately encouraged by its maiden voyage, however, and by the faith eveyone here has in Barths. And I know a good mechanic...
06-28-2005, 01:01 AM
davebowers
Well, I think it is just fantastic that you had such a positive trip.

For 25 years I sold very expensive capital equipment to the electronics industry. I always used to tell the folks I rep'd that the up front experience was paramount. If you have a good initial experience then when you do have a problem (and you will) you will think that it was due. But if you had a bad initial experience you will respond that the thing was no d*** good from the beginning. So you are off to a great start and I am quite sure that you will be telling up about many more adventures to come.

------------------