Tools
Reply To This Topic

Blatant price gouging
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
As the rain begins to fall and we go into the all-too-familiar hurricane mode, I have to tell you how the gas stations.[read big oil] handle a major hurricane in Fla. This morning when I gassed up at Shell I paid 2.19. After work I decided to fill a few cans and paid 2.30 at the same station. Then I noticed the BP across the street had already gone up to 2.39. Talked with a few friends and heard prices from 2.40 to 2.60 that were 2.19 yesterday. I know this is somehow supposed to be illegal, but when you report corrupt price gouging don't expect miracles.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

[This message has been edited by Danny Zeeff (edited July 08, 2005).]

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well prices went to 2.39 here in Indy today so don't feel like the LONE RANGER. Did you see where UPS has their computers try to plan the routes so they turn the BROWN trucks only to the RIGHT. Says turning left causes them to wait for traffic to clear and thus wastes fuel. There are things one can do to use less. I just roll with it cause I can't do much about it. Life is short my friends.

Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
You have hurricanes in Indy too??

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, HIMICANES.

Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post