Reply To This Topic

Got One
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smith Brother:
I'm TRADE. I'm back with new name so as to start over by being a NICE GUY. Hey, a friend in France that restores scooters like my MANURHIN is looking for tires for his 54 Belair, wide whites 670X15 does anyone have a sourse for such. I'm lazy this morning and KNOW someone must know. Thanks. Dale

Manurhin, huh? Spoils of war. I hope their scoots are better than their firearms. Chauchaut rides again.

Anyway, have you or your friend tried www.coker.com? They are pretty good. I presume your friend get Hemmings. Lots of good ads there.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bill h. scooter is 1956. Very cool looking body work, but I would bet it is very lacking of POWER. 74 cc's with cable pull starter. Designed and made in Germany, but then sold to a firm in France. Very popular restored scooter over there, and many sorties each year with many clubs involved. I have not been to France, but from the looks of pictures he has sent there are LOTS and LOTS of scooters running about.

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
That's inteesting, Dale. I always thought the Manurhin was made in France, but of German design, from the DKW Hobby. After WWII, As the spoils of war, BSA got the DKW designs and tooling, and made the Bantam. (had one) Harley Davidson made the Hummer and 165 from the sasme design. Maybe even the Topper engine. (Had a 165) Russia got the BMW designs and made the Ural under the same deal.

Do you know about the DMR? Good resource.

Used to be a scooter nut in the 60's. It was almost mandatory for a Calif college student. Several Vespas and a Zundapp Bella. Put a Super Saber engine in it. A rocket!

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bill h. I am sure I read that they started out in Germany, but will check again with friend that is really involved. Thanks for the insite. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post