Forums    General Discussions    Want a Barth Emblem Of two !
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Want a Barth Emblem Of two !
 Login now/Join our community

<Thom-Barth>
posted
I was wondering if anyone had any Barth Emblem or 2 laying around
if so email me at thom_barth@hotmail.com

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best of luck. I called a salvage yard awhile back where they were parting out a Barth. Asked about the emblems and the guy sort of chuckled. They are in great demand.

You'd think that someone like Dale Smith would make a pattern from an original and produce a few sets from stainless steel and give them away as door prises at the next rally......can I get a second on this proposal? :-)

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
My plasma cutter is not computerized, but I think I know a guy who has a computerized one, and could cut us some of stainless.

If there is sufficient interest here, I will make inquiries.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
The OEM nameplates were diecast pot metal, with a copper/nickel/chrome plating sequence....We've got one in our aircraft restoration shop that I'm playing around with as time permits, using a lost mold technique.....Quite possible we'll have some dupes in the near future...I'll let ya know.......

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Thom-Barth>
posted
Ok cool id like a few !

posted Hide Post
I'd be interested in 2 in stainless as both of mine are pitted. I hope you persue fabing them.
Mike Major
1990 30' Breakaway

Posts: 23 | Location: Collinsvile, IL, USA | Member Since: 08-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Carl Flack>
posted
Please count me in for two (2) Thanks...carl

THE TOY 88 33'Regal Coach #3448

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Mark Estep
posted Hide Post
I'm interested in two, as well...

Posts: 65 | Location: Traveling the USA | Member Since: 11-25-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm interested in two, as well...

Posts: 37 | Location: St. Paul. Mn. USA | Member Since: 04-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Wow!....Wasn't aware of the pent-up demand....So let's keep the list growing and try to come up with a total number...The more units needed will affect the technique we'll use (cast, stamped, laser-cut, etc, and the priority we'll give it....

The total units from interest shown on this thread by the end of the month will give us an idea of what the unit cost will have to be, and we'll play around to produce a prototype over the next few weeks after that.

For those with pitted emblems, keep in mind that most one-off plating shops can restore the surface & replate...While most deterioration is merely blistering that can be corrected with buffing & polishing, even pitting-through to the base metal can be corrected with silver soldering & grinding before replating...just make sure it's replated with a copper/nickel/chrome process, and use 18-8 SS fasteners to mount.

So, who else is interested?.............

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
Me two

------------------

89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be intrested in two. Thanks jerry

Posts: 15 | Location: Godfrey, IL, US | Member Since: 07-27-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me too

Posts: 42 | Location: Camarillo, Ca. USA | Member Since: 12-24-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
me 2 (or) 4 dep. on price

------------------
mike foster
83-35' regency 8.2 detroit towing 98 cherokee classic 4x4

Posts: 149 | Location: earlham,iowa-usa | Member Since: 01-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
I had a few made of stainless: They cost us $55 each and we had to polish them. With a few bucks for Barthmobile they can be had, unpolished, for $75 including shipping.

Bill NY prefers we do the $$$ so just confirm who wants how many and we will send instructions for payment and get them done.

Only plastic will be less, because we tried to get the old ones restored and the best we could do was $100 each.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post