Forums    General Discussions    Banks Power on the way....
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Banks Power on the way....
 Login now/Join our community

posted
After looking at hundreds of RV's and spending an entire day at the California RV show in Pomona, we always leave these viewings with a smile knowing we own a quality coach that will outlast what we've seen. Knowing fair vendors usually offer deals I decided to stop by the "Banks Power" booth and was able to get a discount on parts and labor towards a "Power Pack" to be installed 11/1. I currently have the 190hp Cummins in our 30' Breakaway so I'm looking forward to a little extra boost. Stay tuned!

------------------
Larry and Heidi from CA

Posts: 199 | Location: Costa Mesa, CA 92626 USA | Member Since: 01-05-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May I ask what was the price they quoted you as I'm thinking doing same ?

quote:
Originally posted by hilarlee:
After looking at hundreds of RV's and spending an entire day at the California RV show in Pomona, we always leave these viewings with a smile knowing we own a quality coach that will outlast what we've seen. Knowing fair vendors usually offer deals I decided to stop by the "Banks Power" booth and was able to get a discount on parts and labor towards a "Power Pack" to be installed 11/1. I currently have the 190hp Cummins in our 30' Breakaway so I'm looking forward to a little extra boost. Stay tuned!

Posts: 47 | Location: nevada,tx,collin | Member Since: 09-11-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow, that thread read like a good mystery novel!

------------------
Larry and Heidi from CA

Posts: 199 | Location: Costa Mesa, CA 92626 USA | Member Since: 01-05-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Big Cat, I paid a grand total of $2945.82 for the Power Pack system installed in Azusa. I saved approximately $700 from retail through the RV Show in Pomona. Also they deducted another $577 + 1 hr. labor because I already had the large turbo housing. Before I was only able to manage a top speed of about 64mph. Yesterday I was able to cruise at 72 mph and going up. Hills were easier to climb as well.What would normally be a 45mph climb is now a 50-55mph climb. Acceleration isn't mind blowing but about 20% better. I would definitely recommend the package for $3K. The labor is normally 17 hr.s at $75 an hour but if you're handy you could probably install this yourself. It comes with very good instructions.

------------------
Larry and Heidi from CA

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Hi Larry and Heidi
Just looked at your 15 pics and you have a really nice Barth. A 30' Breakaway pusher is my goal. What kind of transmission do you have and what kind of fuel economy do you achieve? Did the Banks improve fuel economy at all? At 60mph, how many rpms do you turn? Guess I'm doing research for the day one comes available. What wheelbase is yours?

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by humbojb:
Hi Larry and Heidi
Just looked at your 15 pics and you have a really nice Barth.

Pictures?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Hey Bill--I went to Yahoo and used their search engine and Heidi has her coach there. I couldn't get it on my regular search engine which is Time-Warner Carolina RoadRunner. It's really a pretty coach.
Jim Hey, maybe it's Larry's, too!

------------------

[This message has been edited by humbojb (edited November 03, 2005).]

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Jim, my unit has the Allsion 4 speed unit. Sales people always bash the 4 speeds but it does just fine for me. It seems no matter how I drive this coach I get 10 mpg. I've only driven the coach about 45 miles with the Banks kit so I can't really say much about it yet....I think I recall driving around 65 and seeing 2500 on the tach? I'm not sure what the wheel base is. For the money you just can't beat this coach. We test drove a 34' 300 hp 6speed wide body and it was like driving a barn. Got back in the Barth and felt like I was taking the family van to the store. We only use this coach for 3-10 day trips and it's perfect.