Forums    General Discussions    Sunday Posts????
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Sunday Posts????
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I hate this site on SUNDAY'S. It's like a CEMETERY with lights.

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Everybody lurking, nobody posting!

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm right and everyone else is wrong........

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NOTICE, the SUPER SMART responded? ME TOO.

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh no, tomorrow is SUNDAY. I think I'll go eat worms. Dave, hurry up and get your system set up so as you can send us some of YOUR music.

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Gee, I'll have to wait till Monday to read all tomorrow's excitement. I'll be twenty some miles out in the gulf catching groupers and rays. 77 and sunshine forcast for the whole day. Don't feel too bad for me though, I really miss all that cold and snow, and the ice storms thown in for fun, but I'll get by somehow.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
DANNY, may your chewing gum lose it's flavor

Dale, here it is sunday again and i thought i would just try to give you a little something to read.

------------------
mike foster
83-35' regency 8.2 detroit towing 98 cherokee classic 4x4

Posts: 149 | Location: earlham,iowa-usa | Member Since: 01-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
VERY little....., but THANKS. One worm down, bunches to go.

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Mike, How do you tow the 4x4? Thge reason I ask is an aquaintance recently repo'd a jeep 4x4 and towed it with a front lift truck and destroyed the tranny. They say you have to flat bed them. The fishin was lousy but we had a good time. Later

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hey Danny,

I don't know what your buddy did. But ALL Jeeps are along with Hondas and Saturns are the most towable vehicles. There are no speed or distance limitation and both automatics and manuals can be pulled. However, there are no Cherokee manuals. All are automatic. Check with your Jeep guy. The biggest limitation to pulling a Jeep with a Barth is that they are 5K# or more and that is too much for a Regal or even a Breakaway I think.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Dave, I've seen the big boys towing color coordinated Hummers! What's that, about 7800?
I wonder if they have a brake set-up?

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Sure Danny, but you haven't seen a 14,500 Barth Regal with a Chevy 454 pulling one. If you saw something pulling a Humvee, it was a Country Coach with a 515 HP Cummins with 1,250 ft lbs of torque on a 37,000# chassis.

Max for a P-30 is 3500 lbs with 5000# stretching it. If one of you want to pull a Jeep, make sure you take your coach to a certified welder and have him certify to a Class III hitch which will have a gross towing weight of 3500-6000#. Stock is a Class II with a GTW of 3500#. And, if Bill H were here he would spreading some sage advice concerning transmission coolers, etc.

And of course don't forget the Brake Buddy or the like. You may be able to pull 5000# but will you be able to stop 5000#. Even with that, I bet you a dollar to a dime that if you are traveling over the rockies, your wife will be driving the Cherokee to keep the 454 from overheating.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My brothers 2005 45 foot 4 slides, 500 HP Monaco was ordered with optional brakes so no toad brakes are needed. I would imagine the big Prevost need none either, am I right Dave?

Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Well Dale no matter what he has in the coach he still has to have some way of applying the brakes in the toad. There are a ton of options out there. Brake Buddy is just one and is very popular because you don't have to drill anything through the fire wall.

As far as pulling a Humvee, I just received an email introdusing me to Powerhouse Coaches. Now with this 60,000 GVW baby you could probably pull a fleet of Humvees.

posted Hide Post
Danny, sorry about the fishin! i went out and got a yellow fin tuna saturday evening.
of corse it was at a resturant? (smiles)

As far as towing the jeep. ours is a 98 cherokee classic, i weighed it at the co-op at 3400lbs. as i remember. we have a HEAVY custom welded hitch (to the frame) on our barth. 10,000 lb. blue ox towbar and base plate, safty cables and locks. a SMI brake controller that works with the jeeps vacume system and a pendulem(sic) like the brake buddy. If i had it to do over i would have just gone with the brake buddy like Dave recommends.
the jeep is easy to tow. with it running,simply put the four wheel shifter in netural, transmission in drive (to make sure it IS out of 4 wheel drive) then in park. shut off ignition, then turn ignition to first click to unlock steering wheel (VERY IMPORTANT) and go. as far as the 8.2 power in the barth it sure would be nice at times to have some more ponies in there. Going up mountains our speed drops down considerably, worst ever was 25 mph on hwy 101 in northern calif. but the semi's weren't doing any better and some folks in cars really held us back at times as they seemed to speed up going downhill and slow down going up. Boy is that frusterating.
Breaking while towing the jeep with the aux. brake is sufficiant but could be better. i use the barth tranny to keep us slowed going down mountains and ALWAYS drive out front,looking ahead of where we are. I use an electric scooter to get around due to a disability and love the jeep for carrying it and for back country driving or i would be pulling a saturn or tracker or something a little lighter. i usually drive at about 62/65 on the flat and get a run for BIG hills. I watch closely for steep declines so i'm prepared. Les hoagland has better breaking available for install on the barth mcc chassis but i think it's pricy. i intend to talk with him some more about this though. didn't intend to write a book here but wanted to give you the skinny on ours and seem to have gotten carried away. Oh well it's MONDAY and i gots ta cheer ole DASH up a little after yesterday. (smiles)

------------------
mike foster
83-35' regency 8.2 detroit towing 98 cherokee classic 4x4

Posts: 149 | Location: earlham,iowa-usa | Member Since: 01-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post