Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Good Sam Roadside Assistance
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted
I'm looking for advice on the Good Sam Roadside Assistance program. I've been getting allot of offers to join the Good Sam Roadside Assistance program in the mail. At first I was just throwing them away thinking it's just another insurance program to take my money. Well I decided to read one of the brochures and it seems like a good deal if you would ever need roadside assistance. It is a introductory offer of $48.00 to join.

Am I understanding the program correctly I get roadside assistance for one year for $48.00? What happends after the first year? Has anybody used the Good Sam program?

Thanks,
Tom

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
You think that you are getting a lot of mail from them now? Join up and see how much more you get! CoachNet is a better deal and no mail. Big Grin

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Once you just join Good Sam, let alone take advantage of any service they render, you get a ton of mail!!!! But, like most of us with older coaches, you throw most of it away as it arrives.
I do have their Emergency Road Service. Fact is, I upgraded to their Platinum ERS program. My cost is $130.00 per year and that covers not only my Barth, but all of my vehicles and motorcycles. I have used them in the past and have found no fault in their coverage. One towing service with our coaches will pay for 3-4 years worth of their coverage if you have to pay out of your pocket.
Funny thing, I have had Good Sam use Coach Net for towing me once when the water pump went in Barth I....

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
As mentioned, most veteran RV'ers use Coach Net and not Good Sam. Some aspects of the two services are similar, but Coach Net has a MUCH better overall package and actually has techs on the line that know RV's (not just a tow truck dispatching service). I've read several accounts of Coach Net staff helping a broken-down RV'er fix a problem themselves over the phone, preventing the need for a tow or time/expense of a roadside service call. Coach Net also covers any other vehicle you ever drive/rent/borrow, which pretty much allows you to cancel every other roadside assistance policy you have for all your other cars.

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Ditto kudos for CoachNet.....

Last month I toasted my tranny in the boondocks of West Virginia. Called Coachnet and they went right to work. Since it was late in the day and I was already secure at a campsite, we agreed to an 8am tow the next morning. Got a CoachNet robo-call promptly at 8am, asking if responder was on site....pressing 1 for no, I got a real-live voice call two minutes later, advising me that truck was 15 minutes away...and it was.
Truck came from 40 miles south of me, did a pro hook-up and towed me 40 miles north to what CoachNet decided was the nearest "qualified" tranny shop...and it was.....

I've had two CoachNet experiences in last three years....both positive....and NO junk mail! Thumbs Up

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Sounds like I need to check them out, especially since Good Sam used their system to help me one time! I do not see either of you state what the cost is....

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
They have several different levels Bruce....I opted for the plain-jane version, but it covers Barth and my cars....in 3 year increments, less than $100/yr....For new customers, they usually have a 1st year promo price that reduces overall cost.

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Another Coachnet fan here. Never actually used them, as I am pretty handy (and perhaps lucky) but have been an RVer for decades, and all friends, acquaintances and camping neighbors swear by them.

Never heard a bad thing about them. All experiences are positive.

On those recs alone, I send them money every year. Heck, we even pay extra for their concierge service. Don't remember why, though. hmm

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
Here's a link with detailed info and prices on Coach Net:

http://nmc.com/services/rv.aspx

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve Castner
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the CoachNet info. I just signed up for my Barth, pickup, horse trailer, stock trailer, SUV and sedan. Such a deal!

1989 Regal 34’
Side entry, floor plan A
Spartan chassis
Cummins 6CTA – 8.3 L with 240 HP
Cummins pusher
Allison transmission MT 643
Onan generator
8808-3555-34RDS-A

Posts: 83 | Location: Cedarburg, WI | Member Since: 09-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I told you, Steve. Just keep asking you will find out most of it. Tom

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Been a Sam's Club member for seven years. The few times I needed service I had to wait till they could find someone. This past April I went to Coach-Net based on reports from other Barth owers. Fortunatly, "THE TOY" is behaving and hasn't needed road service..................

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the advice, sounds like Coach-Net is a favorite. Being a new motorhome owner it pays to ask. I didn't know anything about Coach-Net but do now. Thanks for the link.

You know I've been driving for almost forty years and never thought about ever needing road side assistance. I've had two breakdowns, my Jeep quit in the middle of a intersection (fuel pump) and I was able to push it to the side of the road and have it towed. The second one I was riding my motorcycle and the fuel relay quit working, and left me stranded on a country road. Called my wife to come and pick me up, went back with a trailer and got the bike. However I got thinking about the cost of a tow truck big enough to tow a motorhome, and not carrying a spare tire and what that cost would be. Perhaps this Coach-Net assistance plan would give me a peace of mind that if something would happen I'd just give Coach-Net a call.

Hopefully I'll be just like bill h send them money every year and just consider it a donation.

Thanks again and happy motoring to all!

Tom

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post