Tools
Reply To This Topic

Ads in FMCA Magazine
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted
I hadn't subscribed to FMCA magazine for a couple years. I recall that I quit getting it because all of the coach ads just made me feel like a crappy provider. But I broke down and ordered a subscription and just got my first one.

Jimniny Crickets...need I say more

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! is all I can say. I would be nervous I would get it dirty.

I'll stick to my 78. Just enough room and all the ammenities we need. Although the flip down plazma seems tempting.

Paul W

Posts: 9 | Location: oak park il. | Member Since: 06-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I refuse to own a motor home that is fancier than my house.

Or costs more.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
I am sure most of you have kept up on this, I had not. they now have slideouts that extend the entire length of the coach. Winnebago has slide outs in slideouts. So when the wall slides out the bedroom bureau or closet keeps going like a double slide out.

When I sold RV's for 15 minutes once I sold Bluebirds and we had not on the lot for $899,000.00. (You could have got it easily for $600K) Anyway the Bluebird guy say they were making no more $1M coaches. Just no market, their most expensive coach would be $600K and I see that is true now. You can probably easily get one for $550K. What a deal...

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I know what you mean, Dave. FMCA ads seem to be targeted at folks that have a lot of money to spend. The other thing I've noticed is that sometimes the motor home is sold before the issue hits the press. I like Motor Coach magazine much better. BTW, my son-in-laws' father sells Prevosts and has for several years. Many are 1.5 to 2.0 mil and he makes a very nice 6 figure income doing it. It may be a small market but even if it's 1/2 of 1 percent of the U.S. population, that's still 15000 people.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post