Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Acronym's
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/14
posted
So being new to the Barth world and to forum's in general(this is my first at 48 years old) I am trying to figure out all the acronyms that are used.
TOAD,GTG etc. I figured out that GTG is a get togther?? and toad has something to do with VW's I guess? Is there a list of the acronyms used on this site for us lesser thinking types.

Posts: 38 | Location: Centralia, Washington | Member Since: 01-12-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Good luck! We old timers that don't do texting don't know how to understand the butchered English! HowRU? ROTFLMAO

Toad is a derivation of "towed" vehicle... something you drag behind.

Some of them are from DOT Dept of Trans abbreviations GVWR ie. Gross Vehicle Weight Rating

You can often Google them and get a translation.

Good luck, by now my English teacher has shot herself and is rolling in her grave... head bang

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5197 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/14
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve VW, I know the basics like DOT and GVWR all the common stuff. It was the SOB and some others I wasn't getting. Up here SOB doesn't stand for some other brand. I'll catch on. Have a great weekend. I'm going to get started on the restoration process.

Posts: 38 | Location: Centralia, Washington | Member Since: 01-12-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post