Forums    General Discussions    Dave - What does NADA say?
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Dave - What does NADA say?
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Bluegrass Festival at Billy Creek Village in Parke County, just east of Rockville, Indiana was great the year we went to it, and we got to see loads of covered bridges that Parke County is known for. JKB

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Bluegrass festivals are always great! Great people, too. We always start our Quartzsite visit with the Blythe Bluegrass Festival.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Is that a Beemer Emblem on the front of that little thing?

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Danny,

Yep....it's a Beamer.....Sort of....

Isettas started with ISO Mfg, a manufacturer of refrigerators - they built Isettas in Spain & Belgium starting in about '52.....

Mid-'50's, BMW was looking for a niche car to round out their line....bought a mfg. license from ISO. BMW reinvented the wheel, making the car much "better" (Their own engine, etc.), but stilled marketed it as an Isetta. Mfg. Licenses from BMW were bought by others in Brazil, France & Great Britain.
All went the way of the Dodo bird about '62.

My roomate in college had one in the late '60's...I seem to recall he was under it more than he was in it, and I could blow him off the road top-end with my Cushman....

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
I believe the Isetta originated in Italy. From the company that brought us the Iso Grifo and Rivolta.

They were all over Germany in early sixties. Great for medieval streets and parking. Horribly high taxes were reduced considerably for them and similar, like Messerschmidt, Heinkel, Goggomobil et al. I believe they were taxed as motorcycles and the difficult driving license tests were waived. Lots of GIs brought them back. Our cheap gas and easy parking and driving made them less desirable here. They had weird-feeling steering, and could really scare a passenger on narrow twisting streets.

My fellow soldiers who had them reported few mechanical problems.

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited November 03, 2005).]

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
My vote would be for a car that was made during the 30's. If i remember right it was made in 36 or 37 and was called an Arrow. They only made 6 of them, ford powered, rear engine. I know where there is one in Mesa/Gilbert Az. Next time i go there i will try to remember to take the camera along and get a picture of it.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
I saw an Isetta on a car show, may have been Car&Driver, that was hot rodded a bit. They added another wheel and repowered it with a Suzuki Hayabusa engine. It might be the world's quickest Isetta.

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Bill, I do not know what NADA says, but Dave says the photographer did a great job.

Now Olroy sent me the real deal..what do you thinks this would go for at Christies??

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post